losing sight

losing sight

A Poem by krystle

I guess I knew I wasn't happy anymore when the things that used to pull memory capturing laughs out of me,now pulled breathless laughs that taunt me to let what is on the inside, explode out. Breathless laughs that sit on my tear-stained lips waiting to fool the next oblivious person. But that's not what drains me, what drains me is watching the lively person I used to be, slowly losing grip of that. it's like sea water running through your fingers except worse, sea water leaves dry salt, it leaves a reminder of it's presence. I am struggling to find any sign that life once lived in these tired bones. I am a hostage of the wreck that life warns you it can cause.

© 2014 krystle


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very good job of making us feel the depression blanket us as we read further. Something I TOTALLY can relate too, as most. Wonderful work, NEVER GIVE UP!! My poems and Google+ and YouTube channel are the same as my name here, my stories and offering's of HOPE. Thanks, all your work I have read so far is good.

Posted 9 Years Ago


A beautiful poem of struggle. I believe you can be strong and keep going. Good work!

Posted 9 Years Ago


krystle

9 Years Ago

thank you and I believe that too! thanks again
The poem told of a lot of struggle. Hard sometime to see reasons to be strong. The tone of the poem is accepting the situation and not able to find good reason or purpose to rise up. But we must. I like the old wisdom. The farther you fall. The easier to rise up. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


krystle

9 Years Ago

thank you so much for your review and your words
Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

You are welcome.
This puts me in mind of poem I read once that said something about being shipwrecked on the shore of Life. It's hard to decide to abandon ship, even when you're already being tossed on the rocks.

NOTES: I recommend a different font face (maybe Helvetica bold) and a larger font size, and to left justify the paragraph.

Posted 9 Years Ago


krystle

9 Years Ago

yes definitely, thank you!
MomzillaNC

9 Years Ago

You're welcome.
Very nice fragment of prose. Shows that a lot of words are not needed to portray a thought or paint a picture.

A few notes

1. "me,now pulled breathless laughs that taunt me to let what is on the inside, explode out" this part is a tad confusing. I had to read through it a few times. Consider revising?
2. "the lively person I used to be, slowly losing grip of that." maybe put an "and" after the comma, otherwise it disrupts the flow.
3. "that. it's" capitalize the "It's" since it's the beginning of the sentence.

Like I said, a nice prose fragment here. I really liked it and the feelings were definitely real.
Well done!

-Mila


Posted 9 Years Ago


krystle

9 Years Ago

thank you!
just like talking to self, in the mirror.
very well put........life wrecks, sometimes.
i loved it!!!!
:)

Posted 9 Years Ago


krystle

9 Years Ago

thank you i'm glad!
Pushkar Prabhat

9 Years Ago

you are welcome.............. :) :)
Clever prose fragment...well written

Posted 9 Years Ago


krystle

9 Years Ago

thank you!
I am very reflective in front of your words. There is a spiritual restlessness, a bitter memory and a terrible inner struggle when you write:

"I am struggling to find any sign that life once lived in these tired bones "


I do like it, very good job.

- Jesus


Posted 9 Years Ago


Wow this is really good! I love the sea water analogy especially, this sounds like something I would write haha. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


krystle

9 Years Ago

thank you :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

238 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 26, 2014
Last Updated on November 26, 2014

Author

krystle
krystle

coconutcreek, FL



About
This world excites me. I like being around people with genuine personalities and happy spirits. I'm made of coffee and love Jesus. now that the basics are out of the way, I'm also a walking contradic.. more..

Writing
Grasp. Grasp.

A Poem by krystle


Restless Restless

A Poem by krystle



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Dancing Willow Dancing Willow

A Poem by ANTO


I Hate Poetry I Hate Poetry

A Poem by Linear