your colors

your colors

A Poem by krystle
"

where did you disappear to? wherever it is, you took them with you.

"
the sunset tonight was wild. I wish you could have seen it. the way I did, I mean. Because you see, the different shades of pink reminded me of the way you laughed at my cheeks and my denial of blushing. And the orange, reminded me of the time you told me you saw a fie of wonder in my eyes, so I closed them, and tried to feel that fire, that really, i'm sure you only imagined. Because when I opened my eyes, these colors were gone, the darkness took it's place, and i'm still trying to figure out if I mean the darkness of the sky or the darkness of you not being here. 

please don't let my eyes remain vacant. 

© 2015 krystle


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awww this is co cute. Yes, there's a sheet of pain between the lines but it's still cute in its own ways. The colors, oh now I'll look at them in a better way

Posted 5 Years Ago


Yes, love can color your world and take it away. The colors are real for your love....whether you can see them or not. Enjoyed ( : O )

Posted 9 Years Ago


It's short but very emotive. The comparison of the sunset with the person you missing is deadly cold.

Posted 9 Years Ago


krystle

9 Years Ago

glad you enjoyed thank you!
I see great meaning for this poem see all you can see in your lovers eyes. Colors Hues and important stuff my be gone when your eye go shut. Open uP and talk your questions through.

Posted 9 Years Ago


krystle

9 Years Ago

thanks so much!
Like this, and reminds me how fine prose-poetry can be..

Posted 9 Years Ago


krystle

9 Years Ago

thank you!
A powerful and sad poem.
"Because when I opened my eyes, these colors were gone, the darkness took it's place, and i'm still trying to figure out if I mean the darkness of the sky or the darkness of you not being here. "
I liked the above lines. Sometime better to hide in darkness till we are ready for the light. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


krystle

9 Years Ago

thank you for sharing your kind review!
Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

You are welcome.
Vivid recollections and imagery

NOTES: I recommend another pass for copy edits

Posted 9 Years Ago


krystle

9 Years Ago

I'm sorry explain your note?
MomzillaNC

9 Years Ago

There are some tweaks and corrections needed. For example, "…you saw a [fie] of wonder…?"
Beautiful! Sunsets are one of my favorite things in the world and you captured that imagery very well in this poem. I love how you related it to the natural emotions of a person as well.

Posted 9 Years Ago


krystle

9 Years Ago

Thank you!
And the orange, reminded me of the time you told me you saw a fie of wonder in my eyes, so I closed them, and tried to feel that fire, that really, i'm sure you only imagined.

It is beautiful write friend.
Quite lovely.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

370 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 8, 2015
Last Updated on February 8, 2015

Author

krystle
krystle

coconutcreek, FL



About
This world excites me. I like being around people with genuine personalities and happy spirits. I'm made of coffee and love Jesus. now that the basics are out of the way, I'm also a walking contradic.. more..

Writing
Grasp. Grasp.

A Poem by krystle


Restless Restless

A Poem by krystle



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Thrown Thrown

A Poem by Nisreen