Clear blur

Clear blur

A Poem by krystle

I sat in a coffee shop for hours, I observed every person. the way they ordered their coffee, the way they drank their coffee, the way they'd play with the empty coffee cup when they were finished. I watched the way their eyes light up when they laugh at their lovers joke, how many crinkles formed on the corner of their eye. I watched how each person reacted to their nervousness, especially the couple that sat in front of me for the majority of their night, laughing about their youth years, you would think they wouldn't get so giddy, but butterflies have no age, I suppose. I watched as black child and his white father bonded over how much whip cream they each had in their cup, God was that a perfect picture. I observed a barista get impatient as a customer dragged at their order, and continued to watch as after what seemed like 10 minutes that customer settled on a bisscoti. I watched as a girl I went to high school with happily walked in with her beautiful baby girl, and I watched as she walked over to a group of friends that so happily accepted her over. 
But most importantly, I observed life. I observed life flowing so freely in between all of these people, strangers going about their conversations, not caring how loud they laugh. I observed contagious love and shared smiles. I have no idea what any of these people go through, and they have no idea that i've been smiling at all of them for over an hour. amidst all of the chaos flowing with the wind outside, that's exactly where it was pushed aside for the night. Life can be so beautiful when you allow it to be. 

© 2015 krystle


Author's Note

krystle
just my night, not some poetic piece or anything like that.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
Added on February 20, 2015
Last Updated on February 20, 2015

Author

krystle
krystle

coconutcreek, FL



About
This world excites me. I like being around people with genuine personalities and happy spirits. I'm made of coffee and love Jesus. now that the basics are out of the way, I'm also a walking contradic.. more..

Writing
Grasp. Grasp.

A Poem by krystle


Restless Restless

A Poem by krystle