The Meeting

The Meeting

A Story by Kia
"

A daydream I have about meeting my true love.

"

It had been a long, yet smooth flight. Nervous, as she had never been on a plane, and certainly not this far from home. They would be landing in about thirty minutes, and she couldn't wait. She fumbled with her IPOD, which was just about out of battery life. She was trying to relax, but felt like she had swallowed a field of butterflies, and they were just then trying to escape. She twisted a lock of her hair around her finger, and remembered the flower behind her right ear. It was pink, matching her pink and white dress she was wearing. It was three days before Christmas, yet the weather; when she had left, had been unseasonably warm. Still she had her three quarter length, off white wool coat. She pulled out a mirror to check her make up and hair. She decided it a good idea to brush her teeth and freshen up a bit before they landed. She sat in her seat for a good five minutes or so, unable to convince her body and feet to move. She finally decided the butterflies would just have their way this time, and headed to the bathroom near her aisle seat. After brushing her teeth and applying a bit of gloss to her lips the "fasten seatbelt" light came on and she promptly returned to her seat. She could feel the plane descending, and started to become more anxious than ever before. The butterflies felt like they would explode at any moment. She somehow managed to exit the plane, and headed toward the baggage claim area. She wanted to scan the airport, but she was too nervous to even look around. She wondered if he would spot her first at this point. Then she thought, "of course he would because he is looking for me". She had a flower in her hair as promised, and he had many months of studying of her picture and every curve of her face. She walked; feeling like it was her first day of grade school. She didn't even notice how the weather felt against her skin. She felt lost in the sea of faces, and wondered if he had forgotten her. Maybe he had gotten cold feet, or decided she wasn't what he had always wanted. A bit of sadness waved over her, because she wanted to meet him, to see him, touch him, tell him that she adored and loved him face-to-face. She continued walking clinging to the hope that he would find her in the crowded terminal that now had become a maze of unfamiliar faces. On and on for what seemed like hours she went heading to claim her luggage. She felt someone was close behind her, but she was too nervous to turn around to check. Reality had set in and she realized her hands were freezing, and beginning to go numb. As she reached for her gloves she felt a warm hand touch her fingertips from behind. A slow smile crept across her face, and her heart fluttered at the thought of him inches away. Next came the most angelic voice she had ever heard say "Hey Babylove" and she beamed ear to ear. She slowly turned around and there he was, just as she had imagined. Smiling at her with the utmost adoration and love she had ever seen. She smiled back and began instantly blushing. Their eyes met, and they grabbed one another with such a longing that it seemed their souls were united. Passionately, they kissed, and to her his lips tasted like the sweetest bit of honey she had ever had. At that moment, the butterflies flew away and time stood still. Everyone seemed to disappear from the terminal, and all the sounds around them ceased to exist. His kiss indicated what she knew to be true; in that he knew every curve of her mouth and lips. He caressed her face in such a way that it seemed he had known her all of his life; and was waiting to be united again. As there lips began parting, and the perpetual heaven began fading the sounds began to return as did the onlookers. They pulled away a bit and realized that a crowd had gathered around them, and everyone was smiling in admiration. They received a chorus of applause, cheers and smiles like they were war heroes returned home. The two giggled like some school kids caught kissing on the play ground, and held one another close as they smiled at the on lookers. In that instant, they knew they were destined to be, and would never be apart again.

 

 

© 2008 Kia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh, i'm honored to be the first person to review this wonderful story. I'm glad you sent it to me, it's beautiful. I loved the idea of meeting someone for the first time, that pulled me in. I could feel her emotions, and my fav part dealt with her icy fingers, and his touching her's from behind, how romantic! I had icy fingers too. lol

only thing: i wish you would have described him more. I have no idea what he looks like, and I would love to able to grasp him in a more tangible way, you know?

I have some more stuff to tell you, but I will send you in a message. great job at this one!!!

Kena

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is lovely, I love romantic stories. I've done a few of these, writing about the daydream of when I'll meet my 'other half' *giggles* But I thought this was simply one of the sweetest stories I have ever read. I'd like to read more like this! Flora.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Kia this is such a lovely story. It flows nicely. I have never flown and I probly never will. I could feel the anxiety that you must of been feeling in the plane. But you left me hanging, you went from feeling the plane descend to being in the terminal, May I suggest you give a little discription to the landing and the rush of the people gathering to exit, was it a mad rush, were children crying, how did you feel, were your legs wiggling, what about the butterflies. Just a line or two will do. Just my suggestion, the story is good and i know the point was meeting the man and knowing this is the right one.

Keep writing your talent is wonderful.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a touching story of a first contact between people that may have corresponded, but never met. I liked the way you had her agitation building. All the things going through her mind, and the fear of him not being there. Great story, nice work!
M

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this piece; I'm touched by its meaning and sentiment. Its wonderfully written and flows smoothly. The woman in the piece sounds like a truly beautiful person too - I love her pink dress and flower in her hair - 'as promised'. From the sounds of I dont think the guy would mind of she brushed her teeth or not. I hope dreams like this come true.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hmm� enjoyable little piece :).
I liked the description of the girl's anxiety , with the ,,field of butterflies,, , and even the romantic encounter but I think the apparition of the crowd is a bit too much.
Nice stuff.

A.M.


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh, i'm honored to be the first person to review this wonderful story. I'm glad you sent it to me, it's beautiful. I loved the idea of meeting someone for the first time, that pulled me in. I could feel her emotions, and my fav part dealt with her icy fingers, and his touching her's from behind, how romantic! I had icy fingers too. lol

only thing: i wish you would have described him more. I have no idea what he looks like, and I would love to able to grasp him in a more tangible way, you know?

I have some more stuff to tell you, but I will send you in a message. great job at this one!!!

Kena

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

230 Views
6 Reviews
Added on August 5, 2008

Author

Kia
Kia

Laurel, MD



About
I LOVE to write just about anything. I'm working on my poetry currently and hope one day I will be a success at something. I was born in Baltimore, Maryland but raised in PG County, Maryland. My life .. more..

Writing
Heart Break Heart Break

A Poem by Kia


Save Me Save Me

A Poem by Kia


Take Me Away Take Me Away

A Poem by Kia