Let the verdict for Khoka be an example for all

Let the verdict for Khoka be an example for all

A Story by K C Milan
"

Written on verdict for Khoka

"

Let the verdict for Khoka be an example for all

The fact is in our country there was, there is and probably there would be corruption. It implies there were, there are and there would be some corrupt people in our country.

Bangladesh snatched its freedom from the clutch of West Pakistan almost 45 year ago and since then it has been running through its own course.

In the meantime the country has been developed to a level that may be a cause for many other countries to be ashamed of.

But the fact is it could not come to the level of development that it ought to and one of the reasons behind it is corruption.

As citizens of the country or even people who have been living here for quite sometimes coming from other countries know some high profile, powerful people even ministers were always behind the corruption of all forms.

Sadeque Hossain Khoka, a BNP leader and former mayor of Dhaka, was one of them. He has been convicted for amassing wealth illegally and concealing information from Anti-Corruption Commission. As punishment for crimes that he committed Judge Abu Ahmed Jomadar of the Special Judge’s Court of Dhaka sentenced him to 13 years’ imprisonment.

This is no doubt a historic verdict to make a way for the country to get rid of all kinds of corrupt ions. 

Let the verdict for Khoka be an example for all not to indulge to any corruption any more.

© 2015 K C Milan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting and rather informative; I live in the U.S. Sadly corruption exist everywhere and rarely punished properly as in your account

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 20, 2015
Last Updated on October 20, 2015
Tags: Court, Lawyer, City

Author

K C Milan
K C Milan

Bogra, Rajshahi, Bangladesh



About
I am a Bangladeshi national, doing a job for a non-government but an international organization. I write news items for different online news especially for newsflavor.com I love writing. more..

Writing
WHO IS GOD? WHO IS GOD?

A Story by K C Milan