Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Forever Mine
"

Prologue

"

                As I looked around, all I saw was strange buildings. People were talking on strange handheld mechanisms. Women were even wearing men’s clothing! Where was I? Whatever I had come through placed me here, in this foreign world... Jace was around here somewhere, I just knew it.  I would kill him for the sake of my family. The family he slaughtered mercilessly, without regret, without looking back. I would do the same to him, even if it took me sacrificing myself- My family was worth it.

                My mind went back to them as I remembered a time when I was happy, before everything I ever cared about was taken from me…



© 2010 Forever Mine


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, this is so interesting! I hope you will continue this story.

Posted 13 Years Ago


"I would do the same to him, even if it took me sacrificing myself- My family was worth it."
You have three options to fix this sentence -- either you leave the dash and uncapitilize the m in my, put a colon in place of the dash and leave the "my" capitilized, or put a period in place of the dash and leave the "my" capitilized.
Other than that, I didn't see any grammar mistakes. I think that this has a lotta potential and it could be really good. It's kind of a mix between a lotta stories I can think of from the top of my head (The Time Machine being the first one) and I think that it might be a really good sci-fi/fantasy story, maybe a drama, hopefully no romance, because that would be weird. My mind is running with this, with ideas and predictions, which is what a prologue is made for, except I'm kinda blurry about what the entirety of the book will be about -- her past before Jace kills her family, or her actual killing of Jace, or both? But I think that was your point of it...keeping the mind running with it. It has potential. Don't waste it.
PBP

Posted 13 Years Ago


I do believe this is a great start. I am curious to read more, you have defnitely wrote a catchy prologue.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Im wating for the rest i would really like to read the rest good write my friend 100/100

Posted 13 Years Ago


WEll i am looking forward to more.....

Not to pressure you....but you are a good writer and this seems like a nice idea....

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like it..patiently waiting for more :)
Peace

Posted 13 Years Ago


A very strong start to the story. You create reason and purpose for the character. I like the beginning description. Could be a very good story.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a great start to a book and it sounds very interesting.
Kind of reminds me of that movie where Jane Austin went to the future or someone went into her book. Anyway I wish you the best of luck writing it.

Kelley

Posted 13 Years Ago


Good start... waiting for more.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

nice way to start out a book. I love it. Cant wait to read this.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

642 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 20, 2010
Last Updated on October 20, 2010


Author

Forever Mine
Forever Mine

Tahlequah, OK



About
I'm Katie, i'm 18, and a senior in high school. I'm also happily engaged to my bf of two years. I love writing poetry, and i'm currently working on my book "Fall From Time", the prologue is posted rig.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..