Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Queen of Hearts

She pushed me out of bed, our morning system of getting me up. I looked up at Holly, who already had all of my clothes ready, and even my bags. I get up and change quickly, and she hurries and does my make-up. She was a girl made for speed, literly and therretically. She had super speed and strength, and she was always using it. Not showing off, she wasn't like that, but just using it. She was over-joyed with her powers, you could see that. She grabbed my arm and led me to the mess hall. I grabbed some yogurt, and went off to my friends.

"Anorexic?" Dylan said, poking me in the ribs. I looked down at my stomach, I though I was a little bigger than skinny.

"No," is all I say, and continue eating my yogurt.

"Aw, you know you aren't fat," he says. Dylan reads minds, I blush and he laughs, then gives me a hug. I push all thoughts about him out of my head. Last thing I need him to know is-

"Is what?" Dylan asks. I shrink back away from him. Holly, Alyssa, and Kevin sat down. Holly looked as if she was talking to Dylan in her head. Dylan shook his head no and Holly sighed. I wonder... "HEY!" Alyssa said, she was really shy most of the time, when around others, and rarely talked, "How's it going?" I smile and say, "Good!" Okay, maybe I was shy too. I looked out of the window and made the clouds turn colors. It was my favorite thing to do. I was making them change and make shapes, and was making a really pretty heart, when I felt a hand on my shoulder shaking me. I turn around and see Allyssa.

"It's time to go," she says. I get up and throw my empty yogurt tub into the trash. I then walk to history, where we were taking review for the big test tommorrow. It was pretty easy, all about the civil war. I go throw all of my classes, anticipating gym. I did my four laps in Physical Eduacation, then changed back into my clothes. I ran to the gym. Yes, gym and P.E are two different things. P.E is where we excersice, and we have it for 25 minutes, and gym is where we practice our powers, and we have it for two hours. We take alot of time trying to control our powers. It took me forever to not make it storm when I was angry. I love gym.

"Time to pair up with a person of the other sex," Mrs. Conroy said, ignoring all the giggles. I heard her mutter something that sounded like 'nasty perverted kids'. I ignored it though and went up to Dylan. When everyone paired up, Mrs. Conroy went to the door, and opened it.

"Make eachother angry, conrol your powers. Remeber, these are your friends, and fellow school mates. Try not to hurt them," she walked out of the room, locking it. I don't now why though, the last person to ditch class died, falling into a toxic waste pool (don't ask), and since then, no one ditches.Dylan looks at me and smiles. But, I know he is probing my mind looking for embarressing secrets. I start thinking that Avril Lavigne song, I'm With You,

I'm standin' on the bridge
I'm waitin' in the dark
I thought that you'd be here by now
There's nothing but the rain
He looks at me agitated, and starts muttering. I smile a innocent smile, and that makes him even more mad. I then remember something, he can manipulate thoughts.

"Dang right I can!" he grins. Stupid hot-

"Ahah! You called me hot!' oops..

"I didn't finish I was saying- I was saying- Hot headed!" I say.

"Aww, you know you love me," he says, smirking. I groan, feeling myself blush. Suddenly, it's really hot in the room. I don't know if it was just me or my powers, but judging how everyone was fanning themselves with their hands, I knew it was my powers. I blush harder, and the room gets hotter. This is a new for me, I was only able to use my powers outside before.. Dylan looks at me, probably reading my mind.

"You alright," he smirks. It gets really hot inside. By this time, everyone as walking around dizzily. Dylan suddenly looks scared.

"Calm down," he says.

"I-I can't!" I scream, dizzy. Kevin comes up to me, the only one unfased.

"Stop Sharona!" he says. He can manipulate and use fire, so this was nothing.

"I can't!" I say, struggling to put down the temperature. I fall to the ground, and maintain the feetle position, concetrating on stopping the heat. A girl fainted on the floor, and her boyfriend immediatly went down to save her. I tried to ignore that and lower the temp. I went for a easier attempt, making it rain. Even though the rain was hot, it still was better than the heat. I sighed in relief and stood up. Dylan looked at me scared for my sanity, then hugged me. I tried not to think about it until I got to my room, where I screamed in joy.



© 2010 Queen of Hearts


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The chapter was very good and interesting. You took me into the story with a good beginning. Describing the characters. The pace was very good. You left me with a strong ending. I wanted to read more. A excellent opening chapter.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The chapter was very good and interesting. You took me into the story with a good beginning. Describing the characters. The pace was very good. You left me with a strong ending. I wanted to read more. A excellent opening chapter.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

awwwwwwww write more please!!!!!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 21, 2010
Last Updated on April 21, 2010


Author

Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts

TN



About
I love to paint and write stories. Sometimes I just sit and write all day, trying to get out of this land and into another. I love the smell of the paper as I write, the soft etching sound of the penc.. more..

Writing