Chapter Six: Unfair Advantages

Chapter Six: Unfair Advantages

A Chapter by Keiko OConnor

It's the most unusual experience, being woken up by silence.

I sat up wearing what I had on yesterday and looked around.

Where was everyone...?
Wha..what..
Oh no..oh god...OH GOD! WHAT TIME IS IT?!

I rushed to...the clock? Rather the lack there of one.
Why didn't Hogwarts have electricity!? This is such crap~!!
Why did no one wake me?!

I jumped out of bed and grabbed my schedule off the ground..

Astronomy. First class..in the big tower..got it..

I started running up the dungeon stairs and passed a few Ravenclaw first years who I assumed also were late by the absolute panic in their eyes. After turning down many corridors, I passed Potter's ginger friend trying to flirt with some girl who was way out of his league. I couldn't help but laugh.

I remembered a short cut that the prefect showed Malfoy and I last night.

Draco often received perks like this from the staff because of his father's contributions to the school and Ministry.

I finally made it to class and with two minutes to spare, and sat down beside Pansy and Goyle.

"Hey Goyle...umm..yeah, is there a reason you guys didn't wake me up??" I asked while getting my pen and ink out.

"What? Huh? Oh...no."

After Professor Sinestra made everyone introduce themselves, we took some notes on Mercury and then it was onto the next class.

Charms. Professor Flitwick. Seventh floor. Not too far away.

"I 'ant believe dis", spouted Crabbe when we got to the room.
"Draco, 'e 'ave Gryffindors in ow class."

I turned and saw Draco's eye twitching.

"Yes Crabbe...they're apparently going to be in ALL..of our classes.." he ended.

I still didn't see why this was so bad..until I saw HIM. Potter and the ginger..were in our class.

"Good morning class, I am Professor Flitwick. I know it's our first day of Charms class, but we have a lot to cover before our exams come along. Our first lesson for today will be levitation, or the act of making something..fly. We will be learning the simple incatation 'Wingardium Leviosa'. Very simple. Now, everybody, please take out your feathers and wands, and follow me. Now 'swish' and 'flick'. 'Wingardium Leviosa', very good. If this charm is done properly..the feather should float. Now everybody try it.."

No one seemed to be able to do it at first. I kept looking up across the room at the ginger boy..I had to do it before him, I needed a confidence boost from the disappointment that was yesterday.

"Wingardriam Leviosa..errgh..Wingardiun Leviosa.."
Failure still..
I looked back up across the room to see if Weasley had done it yet, but he hadn't. The frizzy girl from the train though sitting beside him, looked quite smug, and I feared was just waiting for the right time.

"NO NO NO NO NO.." I muttered to myself. I had to beat them.
"Wingardoon Leviosa..WINGARDIUM LEVIOSA!!"
I had done it! My feather now floated inches above the desk.
"Professor..Professor Flit.." I was cut off.
"Miss Granger has done it! Ten points to Gryffindor! Fantastic job!"

"But Professor.." Draco spouted.
"I WILL HAVE NONE OF YOUR BACK TALK MR. MALFOY! Unless of course you're wanting me to deduct points from Slytherin House."
Malfoy pouted and fell silent.
"Hey I tried mate."
"Thanks anyway.." I shrugged.

About fifteen minutes later, class ended and it was time to go to Defense Against the Dark Arts class. Professor Quarrel..? To the first floor!

As we walked down I passed a Gryffindor named Neville Longbottom, and he turned toward me.

"Haha! We beat you! Gryffindor will always beat you nasty Slytherins. That's what my parents taught me!" another boy Dean Thomas added, "Leviosa? more like Levio-suuuck". They both high fived and ran down stairs.

Were all Gryffindors this obnoxious?

The rest of the day FLEW.
Quarrel- was apparently the guy that I had ran into in the bathroom at the Leaky Cauldron..seemed a tad jumpy.
Herbology- Awful Mandrakes and the teacher was super Pro-Hufflepuff.
History of Magic- The most boring class I have ever been in.
Potions- With Professor Snape, who joked around with Goyle and I and yelled at Potter, Weasley and that know it all girl, Granger I think is her name.
Lastly, Transfiguration- Which was actually really hard for me to get the grasp of. I don't think Professor McGonagall likes me that much either..

Weeks went by with this same schedule. Day in and day out, nothing really happened. Wake up, classes, dinner, hang out with Slytherfriends, sleep, repeat. Nothing new really happened until one day during supper..





© 2010 Keiko OConnor


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

310 Views
Added on October 14, 2010
Last Updated on October 14, 2010
Tags: HP, Harry Potter, Fan Fiction, Taylor Valentino


Author

Keiko OConnor
Keiko OConnor

Mount Juliet, TN



About
I'm a senior in high school, and enjoy writing Harry Potter Fan Fiction in my spare time. more..

Writing