Wonder and Wander

Wonder and Wander

A Story by Kelsey Desmond

When the air is cold but your mind is full there is not much to do. You can sit around and read books all day, or even play a game. But the curiosity that lingers in your mind keeps asking you why you hate the cold so much. Or why it is even this cold? Or why can’t we play in the snow like we did when we were kids? Why?

        As you sit in your dark purple room, the one you’ve had since you were seven, you sit and wonder why. You wonder why you have ever even gone to school. You want to be a rockstar, right? Why does math help? Or grammar or spelling? Or even history? Why do I care? Rockstars just it around and eat all day. Then rock at night. Then, you wonder why you still even want to be a rockstar. You’re in tenth grade and you still have fantasies and rocking on stage like a maniac, when you still don’t know how to play one chord on an electric guitar. You wonder why you are wondering. Why did the snow fall today? Why wasn’t it tomorrow? Or yesterday? Why today? 

        You sit and wonder why the world never answers your question, but again, that leads to wondering why you're wondering at all. The snow stops, and your mind lingers on. Wonder and wander as you wish; the air is still cold, and your mind is still full.

© 2009 Kelsey Desmond


Author's Note

Kelsey Desmond
Stupid I know. At a friend's house, bored. I just started typing. Let me know.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

241 Views
Added on December 5, 2009
Last Updated on December 27, 2009

Author

Kelsey Desmond
Kelsey Desmond

Mandeville, LA



About
Hey, dudes! Kelsey here! Sevies are awesome and I'm a proud thirteen-year-old! :) My posie's down in New Orleans, Louisiana! I love Musical Theatre (hehe NOCCA is amahzing!) Facebook and Gmail are my .. more..

Writing