The Last Supper

The Last Supper

A Story by Kacie Delane Davis
"

One of my favorite, but painful memories.

"

The last Supper

            The static silence between us seemed to last a lifetime. He sat quietly with his arm around me.

            I poked at my food, consumed by own my thoughts. I’d tuned out my surroundings. The noise of the food court. The ticking of the watch on a chain around my neck. Scarcely aware of his loving gaze.

            “Babe…” he said quietly.

            “Hmmm….”

            “Babe…you’re not eating…” his voice a mixture of love and worry.

            “I’m not hungry anymore.” My voice was barely a whisper.

            “Just a few bites. You haven’t eaten all day, please for me.”

            I smiled feebly and took a few bites of my fries only to realize, I couldn't hold them down.

            “Wow…you’re really not hungry. Please…tell me what’s wrong.”

            A tear slid down my cheek. He wiped it away and tilted my chin just right, so that our lips would meet.

            I was no longer in control. “I don’t want you to go…” I sobbed, desperately clinging to him. He pulled me into his arms. So loving. So gentle. “Believe me it’s the hardest thing I've ever had to do.”

            I cried. I didn't care if anyone looked, because in that moment, in that one precious moment. He was all that mattered.

© 2014 Kacie Delane Davis


Author's Note

Kacie Delane Davis
This piece is titled what it is for 2 reasons.
1. couldn't think of anything better
2. This is based on the last time me and my boyfriend hung out before he moved to Orlando.
hmmm....welll 3
3. when you think of The Last Supper, you may think their was a lot of sorrow and love and love present. Whelp there was a bunch of that when the event in this story occurred, too.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
Added on February 6, 2014
Last Updated on February 6, 2014
Tags: love, sadness

Author

Kacie Delane Davis
Kacie Delane Davis

city, TN



About
I am odd girl, who loves to write and wants to make a name for herself. I enjoy reading and writing. Fantasy and fiction are my favorite genres. They give me the chance to have a blissful escape. i h.. more..

Writing