The Greatest Prank of All

The Greatest Prank of All

A Story by Kacie Delane Davis
"

I wrote this in my Creative Writing Class for April Fool's Day

"

The woods seemed so barren. She could hear the chirping of crickets and the hooting of owls. Nature's own symphony The moonlight shown through the trees, seeming to light a path for her. It was getting heavy, but she could tell she was nearing the destination.

 

The wind blew through these hollow woods, whistling through the tree tops. The closer she got to her destination the harder it was to contain her excitment. She stepped through the bushes and into the meadow that was being showered with moonlight.She threw down her shovel and walked gleefully toward the hole she'd dug a few days ago.

 

"Eleanor...your back..." a voice quietly called out.

"Did you miss me?" she smiled.

"Greatly. Did you bring the rope.." he asked hopefully.

"

Yeaaahhh...about that..." She giggled, disapearing momentarily from his sight and into the black, only to re-appear seconds later with her shovel filled with dirt. "I lied."

The dirt fell on him like a gentle winter snow. He was no longer capable of controlling his emotions. "But...you...you promised..." he whimpered as the tears rained down.

 

"Did I?" she asked pretending to ponder his words, all the while shoveling dirtful after dirtful. "Oh...I did, didn't I? I'd said it will be our little secret..I'd taken your hand in mine and whispered in your ear. 'I actually love him.'" Eleanor began, setting her shovel aside. " 'Who's him?' You'd asked. And I told you him was you." She smiled. "It was our 'secret'."

 

"Our secret," he said smiling nervously.

"Remember when we started dating Evans?"

"Yeah. April 1st. One....one year today..." he said to her sadly.

"Well darling...this is the conclusion to my greatest prank yet."

© 2018 Kacie Delane Davis


Author's Note

Kacie Delane Davis
Please comment your opinions

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

235 Views
Added on June 1, 2014
Last Updated on March 27, 2018
Tags: prank, assignment, interesting, mean

Author

Kacie Delane Davis
Kacie Delane Davis

city, TN



About
I am odd girl, who loves to write and wants to make a name for herself. I enjoy reading and writing. Fantasy and fiction are my favorite genres. They give me the chance to have a blissful escape. i h.. more..

Writing