The Eternal Storm

The Eternal Storm

A Chapter by ken burke
"

The challenge of teenage love taming a beast within

"

At midnight the storm hit, dark clouds wandered across the sky, not even the moonlight lit the empty ground on which I stood. I was in a black hole, darkness is all I saw for miles. A cold chill swept across the land blowing across my face, making the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I pulled my hood up, covering my face, I couldn’t let anyone see me I couldn’t be busted. I welcomed the rain, letting the drops fall on me, hiding what I was about to do from anybody who was lurking in the woods.

I always loved the darkness it hid my true form from my town of Loro, it was a small town off the coast of new york. Nobody accepted anything new and nobody would accept me for the beast that owned the night.



My name is John Daniels, I am a average teenage boy I go to school, I have a girl problems and I am nothing but average in everyone’s eyes.. but mine. I know the truth, I know who I am, I know the beast that hides insides me waiting to escape when darkness falls. Every night I come to this empty field waiting for this dark shield to fall and hide the monster that I truly am. Tonight is the night that I let it out fully, tonight is the night this beast will be let free. I stand here praying to myself hoping I still have the will power to lock this beast away when the sun wakes up,


A bolt of lighting strikes the ground a foot away from me, the time has come, the beast is ready, I dropped to my knees, letting out a roar that sounded like a thousand trains rushing down the tracks. All the muscles in my body tore as they expanded, doubling in size. The pain shot through body as a lighting bolt shot into my body, as it did every night, the blue in my eyes lit up like a neon light while slowly pushing the white out. I looked down at my body as the blue from my eyes leaked out creating the sign of the beast all over body. I now kneel in the middle of this darkness as the beast of Loro also known as “ The Eternal Storm”. My body was as black as the darkest clouds but my signs and my eyes were pure lighting, I had power over thunder, lighting and rain, and in the towns eyes I was a eternal storm,


I slowly stood up, feeling the power run through my body. Ive always loved the powers but I hated the thoughts that came with it. I suddenly felt the need to kill, I felt the need to thrive off the blood of others, I needed to kill, I needed to feel the life of another leave there body and fuel my needs. My legs pushed against the earth sending me flying into the air. I soared across the night sky like a shooting star. I landed in the middle of town, I was surrounded by people. They all looked at me with a look of terror, they knew why I was there, they knew tonight I would be hunting.


They all scattered running into any building they could, except a few people. A small gang of about five people, I knew they wanted a challenge I slowly raised my finger and shot a small bolt of lighting at the leaders foot. Everyone but the leader ran away. He walked towards me slowly till he was only a foot away. I saw myself in the reflection of his eyes my darkness. I roared a mighty thunder that shook the ground beneath us. He fell but did not run, he was gonna stay and fight. He would be my prey tonight and I would be the predator.



'


“ I aint scared of you, your nothing but a oversized fire fly” he boasted. I chuckled at his uneducated words. “ you really should start running, there is no fun without a chase” I said in my ominous voice that echoed through the air. He slowly lifted his shirt showing me a small gun that I knew wouldn’t do anything but bounce off me, while giving me a smug smile that showed me he thought he was tough. I reached my arm out and grabbed his gun, I held it in front of his face showing him it as I ran lightning through the gun rapidly melting it into a worthless paper weight. His eyes bulged out his head and for the first time I saw the scared look in his eyes. That’s when I knew, I knew the chase was on. He ran as fast as he could trying to get away, everyone watching from inside the buildings knew it was useless. I walked steadily after him, making sure I didn’t rush this, I wanted to enjoy this kill. As he was running up a hill towards the old cemetery, I roared making the ground shake, making him fall and roll down the hill towards me. As he landed at my feet I just looked at him, letting my lighting run free. He was stunned by fear, the lightning created a dome around us, locking us both in the electric prison. He was trapped, I opened my mouth showing my fangs that were formed of lighting. I was after his blood, I craved it, I needed it to survive. I launched myself at him. Grabbing him with my beastly hands. I turned his head to the side hearing the bones slowly break. I leaned down and bit his jugular vein, pushing my fangs into his skin. I felt his body go limp as the blood flooded my mouth, I tasted the sweet nectar and needed more. I sucked all the blood from his body letting the warm fluid fuel me as it ran down my throat. I dropped his limp body to the concrete, as I gazed at his now lifeless body I felt the relief. The beast was satisfied. The dome fell from around us, as it did I saw the sun was rising. It happened again, the time flew by as I fed upon my prey.


The sun would soon be up and I would transform back. I panicked and jumped into the air, flying across the sky landing back in the field. I fell to the ground as the lightning left my body. My muscles shrunk back to there normal size causing me pain like no other. As my transformation was complete the pain was unbearable and I passed out laying in the grass as a average boy named john daniels.




© 2011 ken burke


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

amazing you are a great writer...

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 18, 2011
Last Updated on August 18, 2011
Tags: beast, dark, love, vampire


Author

ken burke
ken burke

monticello, NY



About
i am new to writing i just started a little while ago and i would love to get peoples opinions on my current story. good or bad just be honest i am seventeen and i write from my heart not from my brai.. more..

Writing
Unknown Unknown

A Poem by ken burke


The Heart The Heart

A Poem by ken burke