Pyrocrastic Flow

Pyrocrastic Flow

A Poem by Kena Dawn Augustine
"

Don't let a relationship explode; let it cool in a peaceful ocean...

"

Pyroclastic Flow

 

This Pyroclastic flows spills out where no one knows

That I spit lava,

But you breathe fire,

Together we are combustible like a chaotic fire.

Who knows the repose

When heat meets air,

Where seismic waves don’t dominate everywhere

Our power creates tremors,

A tsunami that could wash away our love

Change landforms,

Lead to destruction,

Washed away in a storm.

Don’t allow unconformity to occur,

We need a vent for our frustrations,

A tilt in domination,

So both heated substances don’t

Fracture what was worth waiting…

For…

Just love a little more…

Blaming faults leads to a crack

In our foundation.

For you are my earth,

My world,

And together we are

Creators of our own destiny.

So before our Pyrocrastic flows

Builds a ring of fire around our

Hearts just remember that

I want our lands to thrive,

For everything on it to be alive.

So let’s lead the past to extinction,

Evacuate before its too late,

For an eruption,

Which may bring our corruption.

Cool our fires

In the peaceful streams of complacency

Where streams meet lakes

And lakes meet oceans,

And our love is as deep as any ocean,

A new formation

Which uplifts our hearts,

And buries the past in magma-

Covered emotions,

And we create a new earth

Where two souls can thrive

And build a base which doesn’t

Involve fire, spines, or separation.

But a new creation…

 

© 2010 Kena Dawn Augustine


Author's Note

Kena Dawn Augustine
Pyroclastic flow:Lateral flowage of a turbulent mixture of hot gases that can move at high speed (50 to 100 miles an hour.)

I was studying about volcanoes because I have teach fifth grade science in a month. And I was looking at a glossary and was thinking, "Wow, I could really write a good poem about this...a damn good one." about relationships. NO< it's not a personal poem in any means, although I wrote it in first person. I think many people let their relationships get so far into anger and let it explode, like a combustible volcano...but you have to realize that will lead to your destruction.

ALSO, MY BOOK "THE POETRY SOLDIER" IS DONE. CHECK IT OUT ON LULU.COM

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Dear Kena,

The flow is quite well and love the depth I've never really has a fascination for volcanoes but I love how it is the epitome of the Earth's power. Though I love heat, the desert, and the such: one of the more fascinating things I love is the aurora borealis, or the Northern Lights. Beauty can be found in different perspectives of visual scenery around the Earth. Love the free versed rhymes.

Poem: Experiment with stanzas as stanzas can help separate topics as you write it. Good rhymes. Good general theme. Good flow. Good depth perspective. The occasional rhyme helps to create a more better poem as you see it played out every now and then in your poem. 8.9/10.

My mind is kind of weary so I can't really think about the poem too much besides what I've written here. I hope my review can help you. You have amazing talent, especially someone at your age. Keep your head rose high and your heart down low (humble), and you will soar.

Thanks again.

Sincerely,
S. W. Scaggs

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Just love a little more…
Blaming faults leads to a crack
In our foundation.
For you are my earth,
My world,
And together we are
Creators of our own destiny.

This was beautiful. Love is not something to let go to waste, not when it takes so much work to get to love in the first place... Great write!

xxoxx

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the subject wish it were in stanzas and rhymed But to me I like to distill a work to shorten and intensify the theme
Tate

Posted 13 Years Ago


P.F. is packed with heat and volcanic eruptive emotion. & using weather/earth/ scientific terms to illustrate how relationships reinvent themselves is fabulous ... It's also loaded with wonderful imagery... Loved this poetic line very much: "That I spit lava, But you breathe fire" ... Awesome write!
LLR

Posted 13 Years Ago


The imagery you use for this is fascinating and I always loved science so that makes it all the better

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kena :) I miss you and hope you're doing well :D
I like this poem. I always tend to relate suppression of emotion to volcanic activity. I love the flow in the poem, it's expressive. Lovely to read you again :)
And good luck on your teaching 5th grade!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like it, but I must admit I am one of those flows myself. ;) Well done. Don't think I've ever come across a poem using "pyroclastic flow" as a theme. Kudos.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Strong metaphor that applies so well to the power of relationships. Great write!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow.. amazing! if i could sum it all up in one word...that would be it! this writing had great flow...rhymes and all the above. from being pissed off at that someone to being cool and collective. being i a relationship is kind of like a volcano.. crazy yet wonderful. i loved it.. thank you for sharing this writing...i have enjoyed reading it!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Incredible poem, Kena .. you've developed a style that's very much your own, using the metaphorical to its nth degree... 'This Pyroclastic flows spills out where no one knows .. That I spit lava, .. But you breathe fire, .. Together we are combustible like a chaotic fire. /.. Who knows the repose .. When heat meets air, '

This is an interesting concept .. volcanic eruption: human passion, and the calm after the roaring storm.






Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You capture the elemental excitement of love in full eruption. You are right that it can change us totally in its curcible. This can be good or bad. It can also be difficult to love in the midst of a love eruption for too long. Most of us just can't stand or sustain the intense heat of rampant passion. I like the way you nudge the reader to calmer places because I think it is the calmer aftermath that keeps lovers together. If two lovers can do calm together there must be a good chance for them after the explosive phase of love is spent.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

951 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 10, 2010
Last Updated on February 10, 2010

Author

Kena Dawn Augustine
Kena Dawn Augustine

Seattle, WA



About
Writing is my catharsis, my way to bridle my emotions. I am an intense person and being an artist, I see life through a different set of lenses, and many can not comprehend my view on life. Kena me.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


affect affect

A Poem by TamiViolet