Too Many Questions

Too Many Questions

A Chapter by Zander
"

KP introduces himself, and goes over some important beliefs he has and that he strongly follows by.

"

Happiness is a concept only few understand. It’s a sense that is activated in moments of time, but can rarely ever be contained or controlled. It’s the tingle that makes one smile, or the rush of euphoria coursing through ones veins as you look at your lover. Simply put…it’s a magic. And like magic, its complicated and full of quirks. If something was simple, such as how it only shares characteristics with magic, then it is boring. It always have and always will be. 



Today was a brutally cold and windy day in New York. People dragged through the streets moving from place to place; moving for a cause. A common feeling was shared among the crowd. Depression. This day reeked of depression. It was especially worse downtown by that homeless shelter no one knew the name of. The sorrow of the men, the silence of the women, and even the weeps of the children. I’ve never seen such a lost place.

I wasn’t supposed to be there, but I was. I don’t know why, but I wanted to be. Sometimes it is just best to take a walk and see where you go. Boy, I sure do love going down a path with an invisible end. There is just something satisfying about it. Parents, friends, and just people in fact have made it perfectly clear that they disagree with me on this. Thats okay, we are all allowed an opinion. Oh, they have also had an issue with me when it comes to my opinion as well, but thats a story for another day. Well anyways, as I was saying, peoples’ attitudes are one of my biggest pet peeves. It isn’t what they say that bugs me; it’s how and why they say it. Sometimes it can just be so unnecessary and even random. However, that’s very hypocritical of me to say since I love randomness. It’s exactly why I love going down a path with an invisible end. 


I figure that if you made it to this point by now then you deserve to know my name. Well that's too bad. Those kids in the homeless shelter deserve more but they haven't gotten it…have they. Luckily, i’m not a total jerk. My initials are KP, I'm born and raised right in Brooklyn, and i’m a high school dropout, and that's all you need to know for now. 



Let me ask you a question. What do you want to do? 


No rush…really, take your time.


You’ve got an answer? 


Great, let’s hear it.




I didn’t actually need to hear it. That’s for you to use as your guide, not me. The funny thing is: Some people answered that quickly, some slowly, and some not at all. I could think about this question for five years and still have no clue. That’s just how I am. I don’t want to live by a career or by being bound to something I won’t like long term. I need to do something thats changing; something that is constantly evolving as if it was always specialized for me. I never asked to be like this. I just work with what I know.

Most people can figure out a love of theirs by something they appreciated as a child. Think back to when you were all innocent and such and when there were no stresses or worries. It could be as simple as baseball, as mediocre as painting, or as complex as learning another language. It’s almost as if everyone has that failsafe hobby they’ll truly love. Then what’s mine? It makes me question my purpose. Questions constantly run through my mind: Is it okay to be different? Why am I like this? What should I be doing? 


And until I answer these sorts of questions, I’ll continue to walk.



© 2017 Zander


Author's Note

Zander
Please tell me ANY issues. All criticism is welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Rally, really like the opening statement/paragraph. Really well written/structured and had such a good flow to it. You set your stall out with depression and then you backed it up with such descriptions that I really felt the daily gloom of those New yorkers. Your description were short but yet they worked so well at putting into the readers mind how depressed the whole place was.
'A path with an invisible end' - brilliant , brilliant line.
A flwaless switch was made as KP asks the reader a question - I liked it - it didn't feel akward, it just worked.
You ended it just how i catually thought it was going to end. I felt that throughout the piece I was watching a man talking into a phone whilst taking on this journey and then at the end I could imagine a thrid party POV cutting to the man putting his phone in his pocket and watching walk down that path with the invisbile end.
The whole piece wreaked of quality and it was a pleasure to have read it.
Mark.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Rally, really like the opening statement/paragraph. Really well written/structured and had such a good flow to it. You set your stall out with depression and then you backed it up with such descriptions that I really felt the daily gloom of those New yorkers. Your description were short but yet they worked so well at putting into the readers mind how depressed the whole place was.
'A path with an invisible end' - brilliant , brilliant line.
A flwaless switch was made as KP asks the reader a question - I liked it - it didn't feel akward, it just worked.
You ended it just how i catually thought it was going to end. I felt that throughout the piece I was watching a man talking into a phone whilst taking on this journey and then at the end I could imagine a thrid party POV cutting to the man putting his phone in his pocket and watching walk down that path with the invisbile end.
The whole piece wreaked of quality and it was a pleasure to have read it.
Mark.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

353 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 22, 2017
Last Updated on March 23, 2017
Tags: Understanding, Purpose, Morals, Ideals, Beliefs


Author

Zander
Zander

Portland, ME



About
Trying to learn how to write :D more..

Writing