Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by kennedyb15

She came out of the mist, as he was running, whilst he had been for hours, days. it felt like he had been alone for weeks, his heart frequently thundering within his chest, his mind confused with bitter betrayal. Sleep was unbelievable, rest a problem of the past. Nothing was clear presently except that she had begun of the mist once he had been sure �" for the thirteenth, or was it the fifteenth, time? �" that he had eluded her, but here she was, coming for him style of a legendary exterminating angel, indestructible and unforgiving. His life had been reduced to the two of them. Nothing else existed outside the wall of white �" snow and ice and the wispy brushstrokes of fishing cottages, crimson with white trim, small, compact. The mist burned like hearth �" a cold hearth that ran up his spine and gripped the rear of his neck. Half-skating across associate degree outsize frozen lake, he slipped, lost his gun, that went skittering over the ice. He was preparing to create a lunge for it once he detected the snap of a twig, as clear and sharp as a thrust. Instead, he continued, created for a stand of shivering pines. Powdery snow sprayed his face, coating his eyebrows and the husk of an extended flight across continents. He did not dare waste another moment wanting back over his shoulder to determine the progress of his pursuer. He’d trained for something like this situation.  


© 2019 kennedyb15


Author's Note

kennedyb15
what do you think about this as an opening to a story

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

12 Views
Added on September 20, 2019
Last Updated on September 20, 2019
Tags: crime, drama, thriller


Author

kennedyb15
kennedyb15

About
15 year old writer, from the UK, still in highschool more..

Writing
One One

A Chapter by kennedyb15


Unknown Unknown

A Book by kennedyb15