Rivers, Trains, and Shores of Gold

Rivers, Trains, and Shores of Gold

A Poem by Kenny N
"

A few thoughts from a rainy day.

"

These salty rivers from my eyes cascade on to my shirt. My chest becomes a swimming pool where emotions splash and flirt. 


A million little race-cars go speeding through my head, each one fighting to be first, but gridlock stops them dead. They are the thoughts that crush my brain, like a pumpkin vanquished by a train.


So much hurt, so much fear, where do I go to get out of here? These things that chase me through the day, I want to make them go away. They yell for me, they reach for me, begging me to slow. But if I do, they break me down, dragging me below.


My ropes are shattered, my body is weak, I cannot take it all. My demons, they will take me down, screaming as I fall. I beg and plead for God to hear, to take me in his arms. To be the force that lights my way, and shuts off these alarms. On my knees I press my head so tightly to my chest. Praying hard I watch them run, and know that I've been blessed. 


He picks me up and dries my eyes, gentle in his touch. This is what I need to see, the love I need so much. I'm standing now on golden shores, waves lapping at my feet. The next time that my demons come, I know I can't be beat. 

© 2015 Kenny N


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like your metaphors there at the beginning, great imagery, and beautiful :) Great piece :)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

317 Views
1 Review
Added on May 15, 2011
Last Updated on October 26, 2015
Tags: feet, shores, god, gold, train, river, rivers, praying, chest, swim, pumpkin, pool, emotions, love, heart, fighting, tiny, life, waves

Author

Kenny N
Kenny N

MN



About
I'm an eternal optimist with hopes of infecting the world with a positive mindset and good vibes. Let's be friends...Cheers! more..

Writing
My Queen My Queen

A Poem by Kenny N


Mother Mother

A Poem by Kenny N