Blood.

Blood.

A Poem by ♪The Girl Next Door♪
"

Please don't judge this piece too harshly...it's comin from a really deep, part of my heart, and I'm going through some tough times right now. Don't judge <3

"

it's this feeling that i'm stuck within.

i can't escape.

i don't want to escape.

But I need.

it's dragging me deeper and deeper.

But i CAN'T get free.

shaking and crying.

then sleep it away.

put on a smile:)

maybe it never happened.

but then you see them.

the parts that never go away.

the after math.

BREAK the barriers that keep my heart held down.

the love that needs to be let in

 is reflecting off my encased heart.

FREE my soul,

Let my brain be in control

OF my heart for once.

i feel my body slipping slowly...

my mind and emotions slip faster.

and I feel THE cold creep into my eyes.

the night falls

i see the door...

i've never been so scared

of my own home,

of myself...

of this MONSTER.

believe me when I say it.

for if you move the mountains

guarding my heart

you release the

nightmares INSIDE.

 

© 2012 ♪The Girl Next Door♪


Author's Note

&#9834;The Girl Next Door&#9834;
Hint: Go back nd check all the capital words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is a deep poem and it has a lot of meaning. I really liked the message you put into it. Sometimes the monster inside of us is really hard to get away from. Sometimes it has such a hold on us that it is almost impossible to get away no matter how hard you try. You did such a wonderful job on this. Your heart and soul was put into this and I am glad that I was able to be a part of this. Thank you for giving us such a outstanding poem and a window to get to know what kind of person you are and helping us understand that sometimes we have monsters inside of us that we cant get away from and we shouldn't judge anyone no matter what. Keep up the good work!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

My favorite line;
I feel my body slipping slowly...my mind and emotions slip faster.
Remind me of my own depression... and isn't that the best thing you can say about a poem?

Posted 10 Years Ago


Loved ur transparency in this !! The feeling ur stuck with cant escape don't want to but need to ...i feel like u put that so perfectly !..those feelings that cause me so much pain I know they need to go but I don't want to let go of them so used to them it's terrifying to think of the familiarity gone ... Don't know what that feels like ... Scary ... Ty for being you and sharing this deep glimps in ur heart

Posted 10 Years Ago


I hear that, on both the poem and the hidden message. that one song monster by that one Christian rock band is stupid speaking of which. I prefer "animal I have become" by three days grace as a reference point for this poem.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow. This is such a beautiful and powerful poem. Again, you are SUCH a talented writer.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow this is an awesome poem. I like what you did with the capital words.
CAN'T BREAK FREE THE MONSTER INSIDE..
Great write. Well done! ^^

Posted 11 Years Ago


We all have an enemy within. Very honest write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I agree with what Amanda said.. The message "Break Free of the Monster Inside" is something most of us need to learn to do. The monster may have even inside for so long that you can't discern yourself from the monster.. You're stuck with it, fighting constantly, a losing battle... I can really tell that your heart and soul is in this, and it is a truly beautiful piece, I don't understand why anyone would judge you for it.. We all go through big struggles in life, fighting against the monster within is just another struggle. And I hope you are able to escape those tough times of yours and be happy and enjoy 2013 (: happy new year, you did a wonderful job with this piece.

Posted 11 Years Ago


there is a monster inside of us, its inside of me, its inside of you, its inside of everyone. But there's good inside of everyone, too, for every demon there is an angel, if you discover the light inside of you, you can get rid of the darkness and let who you were meant to be shine out. Does that make sense?

Posted 11 Years Ago


&#9834;The Girl Next Door&#9834;

11 Years Ago

Yes :) thank you for the advice
This is a deep poem and it has a lot of meaning. I really liked the message you put into it. Sometimes the monster inside of us is really hard to get away from. Sometimes it has such a hold on us that it is almost impossible to get away no matter how hard you try. You did such a wonderful job on this. Your heart and soul was put into this and I am glad that I was able to be a part of this. Thank you for giving us such a outstanding poem and a window to get to know what kind of person you are and helping us understand that sometimes we have monsters inside of us that we cant get away from and we shouldn't judge anyone no matter what. Keep up the good work!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Loved it!! And loved the hidden message inside! Great job! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1036 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on December 21, 2012
Last Updated on December 21, 2012

Author

&#9834;The Girl Next Door&#9834;
♪The Girl Next Door♪

In The Highest Room Of The Tallest Tower, CO



About
My name's Makenzie and I'm extremely insane. If I were a super hero my super hero name would either be Captain Procrastination or Sarcastimaster. P.S. also by the way, I'm a confessed crazy cat lady. .. more..

Writing