Miss you, Chester

Miss you, Chester

A Story by Kevin Andros
"

Life is hollow without him

"

It was 2 AM when I heard the news. One of my old band mates; with whom I was not on speaking terms had called. Once I let it go to voice mail, next I let my wife pick it up and tell him that I was sleeping. He still insisted to speak to me. I took the phone and without any preliminary hello he said, “Chester is dead.” 


I couldn’t believe it. I was shocked. Still, I did not respond to him, hoping this was a part of very vivid dream.

 

The next morning proved that it was not a dream. The social media was in frenzy. I was shocked and didn’t know what to do now. I still couldn’t believe it. Once more this news had spread the social media like wildfire and turned out to be fake news. Only hours later, I truly believed and broke down entirely.


 

I lost count of my tears that day. Everyone was posting on Facebook about their memories and condolences and sharing best moments of his life. I could barely breathe. I didn’t know what to post which signified how much he meant to me. After scrolling through my news feed and getting more and more depressed by the minute, I came to a decision. I just posted that I won’t be online on social media streams for 15 days to honour the one and I logged out immediately.


 

I couldn’t listen to LP Songs after that. I remembered all the times his voice was the only thing that let me kept my sanity; the only gleam of light in my once dark life. Today my beautiful life suddenly turned empty, full of darkness and with no way out of it. I finally started to accept the reality that the world was less one beautiful, melodious soul.

 

I heard he committed suicide. I was really amazed by the strength he had to pull it off. I could not fathom the level of depression he was in and till date it is unknown to me. I never had the strength again to read the news anything related to him.


 

My 15 days became 2 months when I finally had the courage to log in to social media. It was more 3 months before I had the courage to listen to a LP Song. As expected, I cried my eyes out the whole song.


 

My wife was pregnant at that time. If we had a boy, I had decided to call him Chester. Perhaps that would be the best way to honour him. I had lots of fight with my family regarding the name but I was adamant about the name for my boy. In the end, the time came to find out and I had a girl. The disappointment was in me but just that I could not honour him as I had thought I could with his name.


 

But today as my life is in darkness again, I cannot find the same solace in the songs as I used to. I tried to pretend that what had happened has not happened, but it made me sadder than ever. Not only I cannot find a sweet escape of my life; but the reality has set in, haunting me, taunting me, with every breath that I take.

 

Maybe that will be the best way to honour him. Maybe I will follow him on his path to meet my old friend.


Until then,


I miss you, Chester.

© 2020 Kevin Andros


Author's Note

Kevin Andros
Thought to write the feeling finally.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on April 8, 2020
Last Updated on April 8, 2020
Tags: Fanfiction, Memoir

Author

Kevin Andros
Kevin Andros

World is one country, India



About
Hi. I'm a Leo Person by birth. ************************ Update April 2016 I am making my slow return to this wonderful world without borders. Trying to be active on boards and adding new writer.. more..

Writing
Broken Broken

A Poem by Kevin Andros