Rejoicing and Thanksgiving!

Rejoicing and Thanksgiving!

A Chapter by Kevin Andros
"

The last chapter of my first novel.

"
Yes! Kevin is alive! Truly alive! But he is very much perplexed.
Kevin- But … I … how … you all … how?
Amy- Now relax, Kevin, we will explain all to you. But first let me tell you one thing, if you think that you are alive by some miracle, that miracle is Henry.
Kevin- I … miracle … Henry … what?
Chan- I think that you are not relaxed now. But before we explain, you must see our headquarters.
Kevin- I … headquarters … ok!
        Then all the Defenders took Kevin on a round of the headquarters that was being repaired and re-established by Merry and all the other guards. They also showed him the Destroyers; they were in two prisons that Merry had built with many protections and current bars.
Kevin- Well, I … I still cannot believe that it is true. I am alive, you guys are alive and … and I still don’t know how!
Lina- Not now, I think that we should have a cup of coffee.
Amy- Oh, yes! That’s a great idea. And we will explain all of the happenings over a cup of coffee.
        So, after the Defenders had settled down and had a cup of coffee in their hands, the Defenders started their story of how they were saved.
John- Now, after we neared the earth, we sensed that due to the gravitational force of the earth, the SERC was pulled very strongly towards the earth. And in case you don’t know, all the knocked out Members were in the shuttle.
Kevin- In the shuttle? But I knew that only the core of the shuttle was fixed in the SERC?
Merry- Oh, no, no, we had fixed the whole shuttle in the SERC and had kept all the knocked out Members in the shuttle as the SERC was not stable. But when we entered the earth’s atmosphere, we saw that the shuttle was also going out of control and it needed heavy hands to control it. So I called all the Members who were in the SERC, and though it was very congested, we managed it. Now all the people on board were eager to …
Kevin- Wait a minute, Merry. You had said that the shuttle was too small to hold all the Members? Then how did you manage all the Members in the shuttle?
Mike- Oh Kevin, don’t be so forgetful.
Kevin- What? I am forgetful?
Amy- (who was sitting closest to Kevin) Oh yes you are Kevin dear. Don’t you know that the half of the Members was knocked out?
Kevin- Oh yes, many of us were KOed, yea?
John- Yes. And so we pushed all of the KOed Members on one side and we started to help Merry.
Chan- And yes, the Destroyers were also very helpful, don’t you remember?
Merry- So anyway, with the help of the Members, I managed to take back the control of the shuttle, but I lost control of the SERC completely. But before the SERC crashed in the ocean, I managed to take the shuttle on our island in hyper speed. But you could not be sitting here listening to our story if Henry had not saved you.
Henry- Yes Kevin. As all of the Members were busy helping Merry, no one saw what I saw. So when we landed on the island, rushed out of shuttle before anyone could. Actually I had seen The Great Devil pointing to the crashing SERC and throw you with his full strength into the ocean. I, realizing that you will die, dived into the ocean and practically ran underwater as I couldn’t do it above the ocean as The Great Devil could have seen me. I ran as fast as I could go and I managed to reach beneath you as you just cleared the surface of the ocean. I caught but there was no time to check you. I popped up my head to catch my breath, carried you underwater to the shore, gave you to the Defenders and I fainted. I’m telling you now, running underwater caring you is a very nasty business.
Merry- And as soon as Henry brought you, half a glance towards your forehead told me that you had left your body even before you fell into the water. If it was so, there was a chance of saving you. As we all knew, a soul couldn’t go to the spirit’s place, as long he does not see all his wishes fulfilled. And we all knew what your wishes were; first, not to visit our island for one last time. John asked to close your eyes, as you ought not to see your third wish fulfilled as your spirit. And that is why you are sitting here with us.
Kevin- Well that will explain it. I thought that you were talking about some magic trick.
John- Well Kevin, we have explained all that took place when you were absent. Now you will explain what happened in the fight between you and The Great Devil.
        Gratified, Kevin started to relate the story of the fight between his spirit and The Great Devil. All the Defenders as well as the Destroyers were listening to his story with great attention. When Kevin had finished,
Poly- Wow, you really are brave, Kevin.
Kevin- No I am not. But my spirit is. I think that was my father’s spirit assisting me to get over The Great Devil.
John- Now this calls for a party.
Chan- Yes! John is right. We should enjoy this moment.
Mardy- Yes! The Destroyers threw a party whenever they captured us.
Chon- But the first party thrown by them was the starting of our adventures.
Nicky- but this party will mark the end of our adventures.
Merry- Yes! We should throw a party. What about you, Kevin?
Kevin- (thinking) Well, I don’t like parties, but I think we should give a party. After all, this is a great victory for us.
John- Well, I thought that you would spoil the fun.
Lina- so let’s make arrangements. What will we do?
Kevin- That you leave to Chan, John and me. Meanwhile, you guys relax and enjoy to your fullest extent.
        So everybody only talked and chatted and enjoyed playing games in the whole seven days. Then a notice was put on the super monitor. It said – ‘Everybody of the Defenders group including the guards, should assemble in our biggest ground of our island. And everybody should be there on 1st of August and wear their best dresses. And the three Defenders undersigned it.
        This message really caused a wave throughout the Defenders. But the three Defenders did not say anything. They were busy arranging a stage on their largest ground, which was only 1100 square feet. They also decorated it with many things. At last, on 31st of July, the stage was set by the Defenders. The Defenders also added four chairs on the stage and a table and also kept an automatic sound amplifier.
        So when 1st of August arrived, everybody wore his or her best dresses. Kevin took out his old school uniform and wore that. He was looking very smart indeed in that looked as he was the classmate of Lina who was also wearing the same uniform. John wore his black suit and he really looked like Mardy’s mate who was wearing his old black smuggling suit with his black shades. Amy was looking gorgeous as she wore an open breast black jacket over her black bra with black jeans. But Chan was wearing his old green colored gee with simple brown pants. Poly on the other hand, wore her most common and gorgeous dress that she often wore during fight. Gun Jack was looking as usual in his metallic suit with Merry, who was wearing a brown top with brown jeans. Nicky was also wearing her red top with blue jeans. Like this, everybody was wearing his or her best dress and dancing slowly to the tune that was playing there.
        At last, the three Defenders stopped the music and called for Henry. Henry was also wearing his best dress, came on the stage. Then,
Kevin- (speaking over the automatic sound amplifier) All my Defenders friends! This is a great day for us as a week from now we have at last saved earth from the clutches of the Devil (after a round of applause at these words). Now I would like to take the names of some persons who helped us in our tough times.
First of all, I would give thanks over here (he waved his hands towards Chan and John, who wee sitting on the stage with Henry) for helping me in every phase of life. Now I would like to speak a few words about some of our members and how they were picked for this group.
Firstly, I would name Ling Lina, who was the youngest member of our group until Henry came in. she was remarkably quick in her fighting moves, which I didn’t know when she was at school. She became a member of this group when she help us a lot to save a ship form a band of pirates (Lina looked amazed that Kevin had remembered that incident that had taken place very long time ago). She had finished almost twenty pirates single handedly. So give a big hand to Ling Lina!
(After everybody gave a Lina a big round of applause) Next, I would like to mention Marshall Chon. I knew that he was master of Jeet-Kune-Do, but I didn’t knew that he was so quick on his uptake after he helped Mardy with a gang of burglars and saved a little girl from them. He had been taken into this group after Mardy reported Chon to us.
(After Chon too had a round of applause) Though I’ve already mentioned my friends over here, I would like to relate how I came to select John. John came into our group after Chon had. Chon had told me about John. He had told me that John had an unorthodox style of fighting. He also told me that he was great on a motorbike. He had told me of incident when he had run away from some comps with Chon on his back. But John had most impressed me with his talk, his honesty and innocence. That is why I chose John and now he is one of my best friends. I request you to give a round of applause to John too!
(Everybody laughed and gave John a round applause too) Next, I would thank one of the most important members of this group, Merry. She is a very old friend of mine; she was in my class right from the junior level. She always had that craze of creating and inventing new things and it was for her and mine combined effort that we were successful in establishing this secret headquarters. So give her a very big round of applause, as she deserves every ounce of it.
(The Defenders cheered for Merry as they didn’t knew about Merry like that) And last but not the least; I would thank Henry for helping us through this tough time. Though he came in very late, I would say that without Henry, I would not have been alive and giving this lengthy speech to you guys. He also saved my life twice; once from the mother ship of the Destroyers, and then now, he prevented me from getting lost in the spirit’s place forever. So guys, if you really believe what I said then give Henry a big, big round of applause (after the Defenders cheered Henry). And now I would like Henry to say a few words about how he feels being amongst us.
Henry- (looking very awkward) Thank you very much Kevin, for those kind words (after a pause). Well, I would say that I feel that I am now living in heaven when I have joined this group. I feel that I am now living in a different world. In my world, I was looked down upon, teased and tortured in every king. I didn’t believe that you guys would take me in this group. And for that I am eternally grateful. Thank you once again, bye!
Kevin- (stopping Henry, who was descending the steps of the stage) Wow, wow, wow, man, where are you going? I’ve not finished yet. Now do you know why we chose this particular day for our party? (When the Defenders answered in negative) Because today is Henry’s birthday! So happy birthday Henry and now you are now seventeen years old and now I would like everybody to wish Henry happy birthday.
        After his long speech, Kevin turned off the automatic sound amplifier and started the music again. Then everybody of the Defender group started dancing with someone or the other. Kevin was dancing with Amy.
        And so this story ends with all the Defenders enjoying themselves, dancing and having fun. But they didn’t know that they would be involved in an adventure once more! To find out what that is, please read 'A FUTURISTIC ADVENTURE PART -2!!!’


© 2008 Kevin Andros


Author's Note

Kevin Andros
The last chapter. Please be kind. ^_^

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

307 Views
Added on April 9, 2008
Last Updated on April 9, 2008


Author

Kevin Andros
Kevin Andros

World is one country, India



About
Hi. I'm a Leo Person by birth. ************************ Update April 2016 I am making my slow return to this wonderful world without borders. Trying to be active on boards and adding new writer.. more..

Writing
Broken Broken

A Poem by Kevin Andros