Monday

Monday

A Story by Kevin Andros
"

Mondays. I hate them

"
It is Monday. It is raining. It is raining as if the pain and sadness inside me had transformed into water and pouring upon us from the heaven. I stand at the office balcony, watching the houses and the trees get drenched in the fierce rain. It seemed that all the pain that I had suffered had come to life; and instead of tears, it was rain falling from the heavens. I sat on the AC cover, still staring blankly across the wet landscape, remembering the past day.

Funnily enough, I had gone to sleep in high spirits. It was the end of another Saturday, which meant that I had an entire day to myself. A day when I do not have to go to the office and spend my valuable time on a chair for twelve hours just because I get paid. Sunday was the golden day of the week; it was the day when I had the opportunity to do all my productive stuff that I couldn't do on a week-day. Plus, my sister had arranged a meeting with my girlfriend at her place because her parents were out.

I woke up on the Sunday, yawning, stretching and smiling because this was the golden day of the week, a Sunday. A day full of pleasantries, unexpectedness, and happiness. I glanced at the wall clock and was a bit worried as I was a little late in waking up. I freshened up, grabbed a sandwich on my way out to my sister's place. My scooter took a bit of time to start up, savouring its Sunday as well, I figured. Smiling slightly as my scooter finally sprang to life; I rode off to my destination.

My sister greeted me in and I saw Amita, seated on the sofa, staring at me. Obviously my weird hairstyle had caught her eye, I thought. I keep my hair differently on a Sunday. Instead of parting my hair from the side, I kept it joined in the middle, forming a spiked hairstyle.

Anyway, after my sister made me a coffee and moved to her room, we started talking. Amita was the lead singer of our band as well as my girlfriend. I couldn't be happier. I started the talk by asking why she hadn't been coming to our sittings for the past 4 weeks that takes place every Sunday from 3.30 PM to 5.00 PM. She said that she had to study. I shrugged and sipped my coffee. And then, it happened.

She jumped on the temporary silence to take the topic to our relationship and she said that we haven't been having any relationship at all and said that she was 'just a friend' of mine and considered me as her good friend. I looked at her with wonder and shock as she continued to rant and brought the memories back when she had proposed me in the first place. She re-interpreted her words then by saying that she used to think about me but for three months but never loved me. My smile froze on my face as finally she said that we were just friends.

I managed to ask her whether she'll be coming to the jam session of our band today or not and she said that she'll try to come. My sister then came and sat with me and consoled me and told me all sorts of inspiring stuff so that I would feel cheerful. But I couldn't. The time for my drumming lessons was drawing nearer and I said to my sister that I'll be back after my lessons. I left from her home on foot, as the drum class wasn't very far away from her home.

I couldn't concentrate at all on the beats. It was time for my new lesson, but couldn't take it. After an hour of fruitless effort, I gave up and returned to my sister's place gloomily.

Now my sister was very annoyed with my behaviour. She said just to forget her or she'll never talk to me again, ever. Now, that stopped me brooding for a while because I knew that neither of us could stay without talking to each other for even a day. But I always loved the way my sister pushes me around, getting me to do anything for her, even though I might not want to do it. I just couldn't keep a thing hidden from her. She used to tease me over the hilt sometimes, and even though I was very annoyed, I couldn't help but enjoy her teasing me.

She sat down again beside me and she fed me with bread with cheese and mushroom filling. After eating seven pieces of bread, I was almost full. She squeezed my shoulder and put her arms around mine and told me just forget Amita and carry on with my life; writing, making music and working. I left her place feeling that 'yes I can still live in this world'.

I kick started my scooter again and left to one of friend's place, hoping to rope him in as our band's producer. After locating him, I proposed him to be our producer but he refused, though he appreciated our music.

Feeling downtrodden, I got a call from my keyboardist and went on to meet him. We chatted for quite sometime, talking music and other stuff. In the afternoon around two, I returned home. I fidgeted with the computer until my sister called me up asking whether she could come to our jam session, just to watch how we guys work. I at once felt happy as she replied in affirmative. I also asked her to pick up Amita on her way over here. She agreed to it.

At around four O' clock, she came to my place alone. Upon me asking about Amita's whereabouts, she said that she couldn't come as she had some guests. Now that really angered me. I called her up and said s**t to her, which I did mean by the way. I really made her feel very bad about her behaviour. Still, I felt that I had at least some salvation out of this now dead relationship.

But anyway, after that, nothing else had happened during the reminder of the worn out day. And today, I am sitting here, alone in my office, watching the rain outside as I type on the computer.

I hate Mondays.

© 2009 Kevin Andros


Author's Note

Kevin Andros
I found out this piece half finished today on my computer. I wrote this in february this year, but hadn't completed it. So I finished up this piece and am now posting it up here today. Please bear in mind that this has been written by me long time ago.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Lolz.. :)
This piece really made me smile :)
Well, yes...Sunday is indeed the "golden" day of the week and everyone hates Monday equally.
This was a very simple, straight forward and delightful piece of writing.
It was only after reading your author's note when I found out that it was written in two phases and that too with such a long time gap, otherwise no one could judge that while reading the piece.
This shows, that it was indeed very well written :)
Great work and keep writing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I liked this it made me smile. I also hate Monday's... though I love the rain! It was a sad kind of story but yet it was great

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lolz.. :)
This piece really made me smile :)
Well, yes...Sunday is indeed the "golden" day of the week and everyone hates Monday equally.
This was a very simple, straight forward and delightful piece of writing.
It was only after reading your author's note when I found out that it was written in two phases and that too with such a long time gap, otherwise no one could judge that while reading the piece.
This shows, that it was indeed very well written :)
Great work and keep writing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

308 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 1, 2009

Author

Kevin Andros
Kevin Andros

World is one country, India



About
Hi. I'm a Leo Person by birth. ************************ Update April 2016 I am making my slow return to this wonderful world without borders. Trying to be active on boards and adding new writer.. more..

Writing
Broken Broken

A Poem by Kevin Andros



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


sex sex

A Story by Periac