Mother Nature

Mother Nature

A Story by Kevin Andros
"

Man is Wild, not Civil.

"

Everything in and around this world is changing. More and more often more and more new and devastating things are happening in this nature, causing havoc and panic and upset the people living in this tiny and beautiful world. What humans have failed to realise after they have gotten so used to this world, that the fact about Mother Nature letting Humans survive has been long gone from their big arrogant minds.

We (yes, I have to say we, as sadly I am also a human) keep trying to make our lives more and more comfortable than we already are, not realising the damage that we are doing to our Mother. Our mother loved us, gave birth to us, took care of us and raised us. And now we are playing stampede on our very own Mother’s chest and heart. We are destroying everything good about Mother just for our fun and enjoyment. Everything from Deodrants, powders, Plastic cans, ready to eat foods; to missiles and explosives and all the destroying ‘things’ made by man are continuously corroding and destroying Mother’s will to remain quiet and silent.

Lately, Mother has not been tolerant with us. But after all, there’s a limit to anyone’s or anything’s patience. There’s a limit how much abuse and degradation and humiliation one can take. And when the limit exceeds, the person explodes. Thankfully, Mother still has been nice to us, she still remembers that we (Yes, I said we, as I am proud to be my Mother’s son) are her children. But she seems to have taken the firm step to disciplining her children. That is why all the changes has been going on in this world: Temperature changes, Depressions, Global Warming, Rise in Sea Level, Earthquakes, Tsunamis, Tornados, Cyclones, and this list goes on and on with the methods that Mother uses to Discipline us, to remind us that we have been toying with her patience lately. And one sweep of our Mother’s temper kills Millions of her Children. She’s not happy about it, but when she’s angry, she just goes on with her rage. Well? Can you blame her after what we have been doing to her every passing second in our lives? We are so arrogantly self centred that we don’t even give a damn about anything else as long as we are happy and living without a care in the tiny little life that we have got.

My only intention of writing this is to spread awareness and the cyclone that narrowly destroyed a city in India is a Wake-up call from our Mother Nature. We should all stop angering mother and abandon use of all those things and products that harm her. I know that you all will say that it doesn’t make a difference if just one person in the whole world cares about this and quits, but after all, it all starts from one small, humble step to change the world.

I have taken my step, what about you?

© 2010 Kevin Andros


Author's Note

Kevin Andros
Say what you want to.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow! That was so thoughtful and honest. I'm glad that you spared some time and conveyed a message so important to all of us through this writing.
I can not disagree with you in this matter, man is surely wild and getting uncivilized day by day at the cost of mother nature.
I think so that everyone here at writerscafe should read this to get inspired.
I will surely take my steps!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Yes.....I can understand your feelings....
And I too...take my step.....I promise...
But.....changes are to be brought about at a deep level...
at the deep level of human minds......
You can do more......
We can do more....

Posted 14 Years Ago


Beautiful and true!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow! That was so thoughtful and honest. I'm glad that you spared some time and conveyed a message so important to all of us through this writing.
I can not disagree with you in this matter, man is surely wild and getting uncivilized day by day at the cost of mother nature.
I think so that everyone here at writerscafe should read this to get inspired.
I will surely take my steps!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

good job . . . I will do my part

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was good. I like the message you tried to convey to the readers about mother natures abuse. A few grammatical errors here and there which a good proof read should fix. Over all this was a very informative piece. Great work =]

--Niki

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

318 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 1, 2010
Last Updated on January 1, 2010

Author

Kevin Andros
Kevin Andros

World is one country, India



About
Hi. I'm a Leo Person by birth. ************************ Update April 2016 I am making my slow return to this wonderful world without borders. Trying to be active on boards and adding new writer.. more..

Writing
Broken Broken

A Poem by Kevin Andros



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Rodomontade Rodomontade

A Poem by AG