A CONFESSION OF A LOVER

A CONFESSION OF A LOVER

A Story by Ksshitij Goswami
"

It was the best day of my life , go ahead and read why .

"

It had rained cats and dogs for a week in New Delhi then , I reminisce . Thence after when the clouds wandered away , the wind settled and the sol embellished the sky ; the hearts of the folks were imbued with glee .
I went to this park , hard by , in the evening to admire the nature , as was my wont , which the teem had forbidden in the past week .
I ensconced myself in one corner from where the view was perfect . The rain had invigorated the nature anew for there was redolence in the air , the wind blew with delight , the verdant grasses were tranquil to discern and the leaves sang in their own melody . It was beatitude for sure that I was experiencing .
And soon my meditation shifted over a pair of magpies that perched from branch to branch , fluttered their feathers , danced over each other and sang in unison their captivating dulcet song .
Soon the magpies flew away and I took refuge in watching the children who ran in mirth across the park . Their giggle and chortle were indeed euphonious not just for me but anyone at that epoch .My sight was following this little girl claded in pink frock , dorsal to whom ran her little pup with elevated spirit . As she crossed the opposite bench , my gaze stopped over a girl perfectly of my age who was engrossed watching me with quizzical gestures . Eftsoone my gaze met hers I averted as if i had casted them over an apparition but it prooved a herculean task for me to keep them away for too long . 
This was no ordinary girl for my heart had never palpitated because of a girl afore . She was the Venus fit only for the gods to cast their glance on . Her visage was pacific and her rubicund cheeks aggravated my empathy . Our gaze met anew but her amicable smile impeded me from averting this time .I soon realized that I was holding my breath for long now in awe of her pulchritude .
In her animated gestures she enquired my purpose of being there and I raised out my finger to suggest her my answer 'watching the nature at it's pinnacle' . She took immediate fancy to this for her smile widened . Now the gloaming had approached painting the firmaments in vermillion hue and the people had initiated returning back for their homes .
'Was this love that I was in' I asked myself for I could have jovially spent the night just ensconced in that corner of the park admiring her from that distance , were she to stay . It was bemusing how her countenance revamped as if she got wind of what was in my heart . I marked how impatient she grew to hearken what was in my heart .She with the aid of her amenable smile and limpid eyes connoted that she possess the same feeling for me as was for her in my heart . I decidedly stayed till my vehemently pounding heart alleviates which sombre her . She turned her gaze over the other things though with cursory anxious eyes she did belook me intermittently .
I turned my head towards the ground , closed my eyes , took some deep breaths ,convulsion the maxillary and stood up to divulge to her my love . But melancholy gripped me for there was nobody on that bench now . I looked in both ends of the park but she was nowhere to be seen. 
What a flapdoodle I am I though . 'Why did she go ' I said in dourness . Something fulminated inside me and I feared it was my heart . I realized that I was yet again holding my breath for too long but now I didn't long to breathe .
'No she didn't go' a voice arrested me from behind . I turned instantly blissed to find her , my Venus, standing there .My lips were trembling , searching for the right word to say . She took my hand in her ' but if you didn't speak now , I am afraid She had to leave' she said playfully . 
And I then confessed I was enamoured of her and that I could not think of leading my life without her . 
She acceded to my proposal with a passionate hug . Since that day she has been my breath and I her heart .

© 2014 Ksshitij Goswami


Author's Note

Ksshitij Goswami
'To err is human' their can be mistakes , please leave your honest reviews though

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

THis is a sweet story, though I dont generally care for romances. I don't know where you are getting your strange, but fitting words. Most of them are beautiful and convay the image you mean.

However, don't use the term "vermin hue." Vermin pertains to rats and mice. You probably mean "vermilion."

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

THis is a sweet story, though I dont generally care for romances. I don't know where you are getting your strange, but fitting words. Most of them are beautiful and convay the image you mean.

However, don't use the term "vermin hue." Vermin pertains to rats and mice. You probably mean "vermilion."

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i liked this, you should keep writing!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

531 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 24, 2014
Last Updated on December 25, 2014
Tags: #love, #confession, #nature

Author

Ksshitij Goswami
Ksshitij Goswami

About
I am an avid reader and writer . more..