Inner voice

Inner voice

A Story by Thomas Lucas
"

I tell about inner voice, everyday life situations that I'm sure many people encountered. And as the conclusion, i write about the importance of following the gut feeling.

"
How many times did you hang out with a group of people and at some point of the meeting thought what am I doing here? How often you were on a date and it just did not go well and you stayed even though you wanted to escape? Did it happen that you wanted to purchase an item and your parents, relatives, friends or just acquittance gave a negative opinion and straight that moment you changed mind? How many times did it happen that you wanted to do anything, but could not, as no one from your surroundings would accept or understand it?
I bet at least one of the scenarios is familiar to you. So my next question is why you actually did not do what was on your mind? What made you stop?  
Let's look at the first situation.You felt uncomfortable, not interested. Those are already two good reasons to stand up and find a way out. Was it fear of not being able to fit in, fear of looking awkward and following gossips discussing your strange behavior? F**k it all! If you stay there, the only one person who gets hurts - it's you. You might start to have negative thoughts, become angry and nervous. A little bit later feeling of shame eats you up. (On the way home, for example, you might think I should have left earlier, I would be at home/some other place doing something by now  and etc ) Time is way too precious to be treated this way. Let yourself spend time with those who add to your life.
The second case is quite similar to the first one. The same fears of looking rude, strange, to seems impolite occur here. I would advise reading one book that affected my mindset, it's The Four Agreements by Miguel Ruiz. He depicts in the second agreement about opinions and why it should not be taken personally. So if you or your date do not like each other, you can implement this rule and the problem gets solved. Plus the saying goes that a person understands within minutes, or even seconds if he or she wants to have something more than a friendship. Once again, do not waste your and the other person's time. Just tell it's not working out. It might be difficult and harsh for your date to hear that, but eventually, if the person is smart, the honesty would be appreciated.
The third scenario is a little bit tricky. If you really wanted an item, thought about it for days, or maybe even months,  imagined having it and just because someone gave a negative opinion you started to have doubts. Hmm, then it just tells that you care too much about people's opinions and you should gather courage and be yourself. However, the catch is on social media and its influence. We live in such time, where everything from TV series, movies to celebrities, game industries promote and dictate products and it's really easy to be influenced by them. Or another situation which includes sales. In some of the cases, it does not play in a customer's favor. People tend to act like zombies. They look at the price and think I am making a great deal here and then they purchase the piece. Despite that fact, that they actually did not intend to and did not need. They came for a totally different thing.  And regret comes after a  little time, as they dislike the item and realize thrown money. So you just have to feel what is truly your choice and what was put into your head. 
Let's take the last situation into the consideration. If your surroundings won't understand it, maybe the problem lies in them. I would say to change the community you are in. People should love you for who you are, not for the potential you might become one day. Therefore, just do what your heart desires and if someone gives you judgmental looks and talks s**t about you just ignore it. There will be always people who do not have anything interesting going on, so the only one thing they can do is gossip about someone's life. 
I am sure it's crucial to follow your intuition, inner voice. By listening and acting more in its favor your personality grow and then it's more clear what kind of person you are and who you want to become. Try not to suppress your gut feelings for a month or more and you will see how your style, ideas,  people you talk to, places you visit, priorities change. 

© 2017 Thomas Lucas


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Thomas Lucas
ignore grammar problems.
please leave a comment after finishing reading my story , I just wanna know if it was interesting and what areas i should work on )
thanks in advance =)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really enjoyed this poem, and I’m looking forward to reading more of your pieces. I'm kind of new on here and it would be an honor if you can review my 4 new recent poems. (The world is ours, Nostalgia, Paradise, and You)

Thank you and Keep up the Good work!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I really enjoyed this poem, and I’m looking forward to reading more of your pieces. I'm kind of new on here and it would be an honor if you can review my 4 new recent poems. (The world is ours, Nostalgia, Paradise, and You)

Thank you and Keep up the Good work!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Often times we find ourselves absorbed into the ocean of mentality and forget that we are little fish in such a great body of water. It takes great lengths to trust yourself to open that door. This was very interesting and I believe that everyone can relate to it. You spoke your mind and there is no better writing than that. Thank you for sharing!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thomas Lucas

6 Years Ago

thank you so much for the review! it makes me more motivated to write even more whats on my mind)
Nice inner voice. I feel the same. It´s not easy just to be and be yourself and don´t let you control your surroundings. Sometimes happened that in group you will more listen the opinion of that group, but than if you're going to put your thoughts in your head alone and feel still your inner voice it´s so important to listen it. I believe in my inner voice as well, though it means i am different from others. Go ahead and listen your heart. L.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love the intent and the message that you were trying to say. You displayed it so well, and it made me want to smile. It was very encouraging and inspiring. I do however agree with the comment below. If you are trying to make this into a story, you should try adding more character, maybe some dialogue.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thomas Lucas

6 Years Ago

thank you so much for reading and leaving the comment))) much appreciated )and im super glad that yo.. read more
I like the message and I think you are good at being articulate. However, it isn't much of a story. Maybe that was your intent, but it would be interesting to see this message integrated into a narrative with a three act structure, goal, conflict, etc...

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thomas Lucas

6 Years Ago

thank you so much for the review))))) thanks for the advice, will work on it !

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
5 Reviews
Added on December 9, 2017
Last Updated on December 9, 2017
Tags: psychology, philosophy, innervoice, idea, agreements

Author

Thomas Lucas
Thomas Lucas

Sevran, France



About
Ecleepse est une entreprise de nettoyage et de propreté more..

Writing