Nothing Can Stop Me.

Nothing Can Stop Me.

A by kiki756

I'm still constantly thinking to myself "What do I want to be when I grow up?", and it feels that I've run out of time. It's all coming too fast. Now I have to make decisions that are so much bigger than myself. Obstacles and choices seem to be giant hurdles in my way (and you'd think being Mexican would help me over them. But, alas, no).

I want to be an artist. I know. I can make pretty pictures, but that's not good enough. I want to truly love art again. It comes in spurts. School kind of destroyed any passion that I once held. I want that back. I want to be a real artist. I want my own studio. A nice loft. And a giant canvas that stretches to the sky. I want paint. Just four giant vats. Blue. Yellow. Red. Black. White. I can make all the colors in-between. Some red here. Some blue there. A bit of black. That's a night sky. Some blue. White. And just a tad bit of yellow, and perhaps some purple. There's a raindrop plummeting to the ground. It's all I need. Nothing can stop me.

I want to write. I want to be an author. A poet. A lyricist. A journalist. I want to share the stories that are buried deep within the dusty filing cabinets of my mind. My heart. I want to expose crooks and slum lords. I want to write a song that is more than just a melody. A poem that is more than a simple rhyme. Give me a pen, a typewriter, a computer, a stick and some sand - anything. Nothing can stop me.

I want to be a photographer. Give me a darkroom. A camera. Some film. Some paper covered with silver halide. Give me a memory card. A computer. I'll capture images that will last a lifetime. I'll capture the suffering in the most remote corners of Africa. Show the blight of a homeless man on the street. A little girl eating a popsicle, with juice smeared all across her smiling face. I'll move mountains. Move others to tears. I'll be on the cover of National Geographic. Nothing can stop me.

I want to be a decent human being. Lend a dollar here and there. Or a smile. Help out strangers, and old ladies with their shopping bags. I want to support rightful causes. I want to spread joy. Like Santa Clause, but without the corny outfit. Nothing can stop me.

Is that really true? Is there nothing stopping us from doing what we want? If that's the case, then wouldn't we all be where we want to be?

© 2009 kiki756


My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, I feel exactly the same way. I am in a major career fix right now and your story made me feel safer, thinking that everyone has a problem deciding what they want to be in life too. Its not just me =]
I loved the 2nd last stanza. It pulled a few chords in my heart. The last stanza was made me ponder on it. I like the philosophy =]

Posted 14 Years Ago


i feel the same way!! goodjob!!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 5, 2009

Author

kiki756
kiki756

Buffalo, NY



About
My name is Josh, and I love to do a lot of things. My talents range from drawing, photography, acting, shooting videos, playing guitar, and many others. Though, one of my greatest passions has alway.. more..

Writing
Doctor Doctor

A Poem by kiki756