In my minds eye: chapter one

In my minds eye: chapter one

A Story by TheShAdE
"

Chapter one of in my minds eye Jane is on the hunt for a murdering drug dealer when the night just gets more interesting.(bad language, not horrible a few cuss words)

"

         Chapter one

            Wind flew past my face, pulling strands of hair loose from the tight ponytail on the back of my head.

Seconds felt like minuets as I crouched suspended in midair, bracing my boots for impact on the hard unforgiving surface of the rooftop. I rolled as my heels connected with solid brick, shedding momentum and hopping up to continue the chase without breaking my fast stride. The unsavory character I was running down had already taken me down 3 blocks, up a fire escape, across three roof tops and was working on a fourth. Not that I’m complaining, I haven’t had a good chase in a long time and the harder you work for something the greater the reward.  I repeated the action, crouch, leap, brace, roll, and chase. My lungs began to heave and my muscles began screaming as I picked up the pace, instinct pushing my body to its limits. Never run from a predator it only makes us want to chase, chase, chase.

             The Info Tim had sent to my mail said that this Martha Walters was an agent with a private government organization.

Apparently she had a hard on for my current jogging partner who was wanted for drug smuggling and the murder of a 17 year old girl named Shauna Marins who was found gutted and buried about a mile from one of his warehouses that had been raided earlier that day.

Unfortunately the snake had sacrificed his men to cover up his getaway and was MIA for the last three months, until now.

 

I heaved a grunt of effort as I cleared another rooftop and gained some ground on my quarry and pushed my legs even harder.

Was I sure he was guilty? On paper Darren Michaels was guiltier than a child caught with his hand in the cookie jar, but I had to be sure. No matter what I’ve been told I don’t make those kinds of mistakes, will not make that kind of mistake.

 That’s where being an empath comes in handy, reading people is what I do my gift and my curse.

Unsheathing my throwing knives, sweat dripping off my temples, lungs gasping, burning, I flicked my wrist with practiced ease and gritted my teeth as a slow grin stretched upon my face, brought on by his surprised yelp of pain.

I closed in the final feet as he faltered in his stride and crashed chest first into the rooftop.

“Your mine” I thought, Pouncing on him. He fought bringing his elbow back towards my face and bucking as I landed on his exposed back. I shrugged the blow off taking it in the shoulder and pinned his arm behind him using his backwards momentum.

Michaels got a foot under himself and rolled forward, sending me flying over him and only giving me a split second to bring my hand out and stop my nose from greeting the cement rooftop.

I cart wheeled away before the b*****d could get right himself on his feet and landed a roundhouse kick to strait to his chest sending him soaring towards the edge but just missing the eight story fall by about a foot.

“That would have put a dent in my paycheck. I need him alive.” I thought to myself as I stalked toward his sprawled out form. Just before I reached out to cuff his hands I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stick up and barely dodged the knife that flashed out and sliced through my forearm.

I growled and jumped back out of range gripping my arm tightly to staunch the bleeding.

“S**t! Quit being careless Jean!” I scolded to myself as Michaels stood flashing blades in hand silhouetted by the shadow of the opposite building.

“How dare he! I’m supposed to be the one looking bad-a*s and dangerous."

I slid my sun and moon swords out of their sheaths, wrapping my hands around the black lacquered handles in the middle of each ark as they sang their song of death.

“Oh the little girl wants to play with knives, did you get permission from your parents to buy those?”

I rolled my eyes and chose not to comment as he tried to bait me and took a defensive stance hugging the blades close.

Just as his body tightened to pounce I burst into motion, sending him right into my blade and on his a*s in two seconds.

“Do you need me to call your mom so she can kiss your boo-boo?” I said as he gripped an identical slash on his forearm.

“You B***h! No filthy human w***e is going to speak to me like that!”

“Wow this guy has some serious issues”

   My foot came down hard on his hand as I stomped and kicked the knife out of his grip then sent my knee into his nasal passages.

“Well this w***e is checking your bill and handing your a*s to you costs extra.”  I griped as I tied the restraints to his wrists and ankles.

My fingers wrapped around the Blue tooth attached to my belt and I guided it to one ear as I put the last knot into the restraints.

“Tim I need a pickup.”I said shoving a gag into Michael’s mouth.

 “Sure thing Jean I’m tracking you right now be there in ten”

“Oh take your time we’re quite comfortable right Darren?”

He struggled against the restraints and screamed some muffled would- be- curse- words into the gag as I ended the call.

Just then a slow clapping sound rang out startling me.

“Who the hell?”

I turned unsheathing my swords and snarling at the man in the dark business suit that had materialized on the opposite side of the rooftop.

“Nicely done Jean I’m impressed.” He said lowering his hands to his sides and striding forward.

“You have three seconds to get the hell outta here before I make you.” I said with a dark tinge of command in my tone as he closed more space between us.

The man lifted an eyebrow and gave me an amused expression then opened his mouth to, no doubt give me a witty reply, but I wasn’t really in the mood for chatting tonight.

Before any words left his lips I had him on the ground with his arms wrenched behind him and my knee on the small of his back.         

  I imagined that my body was made of lead and held him down through sheer will as I removed my glove with my teeth.

“You sure know how to show a girl a good time” I spat  “but I think it’s time we end this little roof top trot, don’t you?”

I placed my exposed hand onto his shoulder intent on getting a quick read and tossing this case into my success pile after dealing with this interloper. His body warmed the cool exposed flesh of my palm but I felt nothing. Confused I moved my hand under his raven hair to the exposed flesh of his nape, still, nothing?

“Do you normally feel up people you chase down Jeannette Payne?” the man asked quizzically as he shivered under my touch.

“My hands must be cold even with the gloves”

“Shut-up!” I griped “Who are you and why can’t I ….. Why can’t I  ...” 

“Read you?” he suggested. My whole body tensed at his response causing him to laugh sardonically.

“I believe you’ve spoken with my employer Mrs. Walters and given your performance during this field test I believe you’re the perfect candidate for our firm.”

My mouth went dry and I had to work to keep the quiver out of my voice “What are you talking about”. The ankle length leather coat I wore creaked as I leaned in, positioning my gun at his temple.

“You have exactly one minute start talking”.                      

© 2011 TheShAdE


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked being dragged in kicking and screaming to a scene of total insanity. Nice bit of shock when a you randomly click on something. The image, dialog, and a gun to the temple bring a nice change and kick to the pants of the reader.


Nice job will have to read more.


Hope there is more.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 4, 2011
Last Updated on April 4, 2011

Author

TheShAdE
TheShAdE

nunya, CA



About
Hello readers! (about time I updated this) My name Is Kayla and ... *sigh* I'm a book nerd! *sob-sob* Anyway, all joking aside, I love to read , cook, sing and write. My main obsession is wit.. more..

Writing
Fall Fall

A Poem by TheShAdE


My Shadow My Shadow

A Poem by TheShAdE