A teenagers dream

A teenagers dream

A Story by kirsten
"

Stay young forever

"

As a teenager I know for a fact that we see the world different then adults do. With fresh unknowing eyes we see hope. With open thriving hearts we feel the strongest most passionate love there is. With a mind not yet filled with the evilness of life, we sense dreams, we sense peace, we sense a life where only happiness exists. We are looked down upon because of the greatness that we expect from the world. As we grow up we are told that dreams are for children, that hope is for the weak, that teenage love is unrealistic and worth nothing. Our sight of the future is crushed. We are told that the world owes us nothing, yet we owe this world everything. Adults praise these words because of our teenage race foolishness is all they see. They don't see the hope, the love, the excitement, the willingness to learn and become everything they've always wanted to be. They don't realize that they are taking our potential to be everything that we can be. As I grow from being a teenager into adulthood, I vow to keep my dreams, I vow to always love with the heart of a teenager, I vow to hope, I vow to believe in truth, forgiveness, and happiness. I vow to remember that I owe this world nothing, I owe myself everything. I am me. I am teenager. And I vow to never grow up into the bitterness ways of "adulthood."

© 2013 kirsten


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's very good, very true. Continue with it? Love to read more. Add me so i can read your stuff and vice versa. (will do a better rate when you add more.)

Posted 10 Years Ago


kirsten

10 Years Ago

Thank you. But this was more of an angry rant than a story, but maybe I could turn it into something.. read more
abbybroncos

10 Years Ago

Ohhhh okay. I just saw that it said "Story" So i was like hmmmm. Lol. But anyway it is good writing .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

240 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 8, 2013
Last Updated on May 8, 2013
Tags: teenager, young, love, hope, adulthood, wrong, growing, passionate, vow

Author

kirsten
kirsten

Perry, MI



About
Hello, I'm Kirsten and I am 17 years old. When i write it's to let my feelings out, because writing is really the only way I know how to do so. So my stories and poems and journals are basically a map.. more..

Writing
I felt it all I felt it all

A Story by kirsten


Tonight Tonight

A Poem by kirsten