ABOVE.

ABOVE.

A Poem by Thomas Fitzgerald
"

My take on how religion, not faith, can read in the mind.

"

The being of one, the truth of another,

Broken promises to you the one our ruler,

Be forgotten your commandments we shout aloud,

Yet the early hours of the seventh day,

Bring lie and false witness,

Dare we the flesh bring through the barrier of reality,

Even though above thinks fantasy is all but fiction,

Even though his followers be true fiction as reality,

Dare he condemn?

Dare we cry?

For the truth is in the mist as we come alive.

© 2013 Thomas Fitzgerald


Author's Note

Thomas Fitzgerald
As always my darling, be honest and open.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Having dealt with religious fanaticism and tribalism I can tell you seriously twisted interpretations of holy words in the hands of the unreasonably Xenophobic is a sure fire catastrophe with a short, quick fuse.
Really good poem Thomas. Great Photo of you too. You're a rather handsome lad.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thomas Fitzgerald

10 Years Ago

Why thank you!



Reviews

I have often thought mankind or children perhaps could do a better job of creating and running the world of man.For with children it is all about the idea of universal fairness

Posted 10 Years Ago


Religion is a tool. Faith is a necessity. Lies and hypocrisy are the bread and butter of all mankind.

A most intriguing piece you have here.

-Caradoc

Posted 10 Years Ago


Wow, so reminds me of those hypocritically pious types that preach to everyone, then proceed to walk out the front door of the church only to cut down everyone else in their sight, excellent, as always Thomas...!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Religion. Wars have been waged for it. Lies have been told about it. Innocent people have been maimed, burned and tortured during the dark ages, all in the name of religion. An organized system of bureaucracy used to control the minds of the masses. But faith, that's the key to fulfillment. Faith in ourselves, in our family and those we love and hold most dear. Faith in the things we can see, as well as those we can't. You've penned a wonderful, thought provoking piece here, my dear Thomas. it certainly rang true with me!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thomas Fitzgerald

10 Years Ago

Thank you Dean.
We all believe what we want to believe if we hold our own minds ourselves. Though most believe what they are told to believe because they don't understand the difference. Very cool Thomas

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thomas Fitzgerald

10 Years Ago

Thank you
This piece Thomas has it's greatest merit in its stark questioning of how religion is often used like a purgative and thus in that context has no spiritual value at all. So shallow the sinners who take their forgiveness from the Son of Man each and every day only to slaughter his lambs in the field.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thomas Fitzgerald

10 Years Ago

Thank you John
A loaf of bread, a jug of wine and thou beside me - scribbling in the wilderness. You call the bees that sting with the honey that drips from your lips, Thomas. How should I encourage your precocious nature? With what tint should I varnish the beautiful striations of your sonorous violin? Should I hear this symphony anew or perchance lilting through daring caravans I might consider raising an umbrella to the sky - even though it be inadequate protection from this dark showering.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thomas Fitzgerald

10 Years Ago

Indeed my darling, indeed.
Having dealt with religious fanaticism and tribalism I can tell you seriously twisted interpretations of holy words in the hands of the unreasonably Xenophobic is a sure fire catastrophe with a short, quick fuse.
Really good poem Thomas. Great Photo of you too. You're a rather handsome lad.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thomas Fitzgerald

10 Years Ago

Why thank you!
reviewed this before but what the hell, yeh, sin all week and go to church for forgiveness....show your friends what a good christian you are....that's why i never go to church. i am not a hypocrite. well penned.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thomas Fitzgerald

10 Years Ago

Thanks pet
quinfinn

10 Years Ago

expect honesty.....welcome
I'm religious but more on the spiritual deep messages only not the shallow and stupid things man has added to it all...
A great write...:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thomas Fitzgerald

10 Years Ago

Thank you.
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

My pleasure...:)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1554 Views
47 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on April 14, 2011
Last Updated on June 18, 2013
Tags: Religion, Spirit, People, Faith, Creation, Sin, Commandments.

Author

Thomas Fitzgerald
Thomas Fitzgerald

Wexford, Leinster, Ireland



About
To all who know by now - I love you. For those that don't, I review a lot of work on here, and I expect the same in return, friend me but make sure to have conviction! I'm a horror writer mostly bu.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..