Soldier in a bonnet

Soldier in a bonnet

A Poem by Kitalia Emme

Its not so hard to see
on the days when she's in pain.
And yet each day she stands
And walks that road again.

Its easy to see the limp
In her elegant stride
And yet each step she takes
Is filled with graceful pride.

Its not to hard to see
The trials she his braved
But you will never find
A battle where she caved

She may take each step
In a pain you'll never know.
And though she has know sadness
Her tears will never show.

Each hour in each week
She will always seek
To fill the lives around her
With the joy so many seek.

And though its plain to see
On days when she's in pain
But she won't slow
For she must bring the sun to others rain.

© 2015 Kitalia Emme


Author's Note

Kitalia Emme
Another piece about invisible sicknesses.
Please remember that not everyone who is sick looks sick. Today I an begging you to remember arthritis doesn't always have outward symptoms. Not all who suffer are old.

Please read up a little, and next time that driver in the handicap stall doesn't look handicapped remember that you can't see the pain they may really be in.

This particular piece is a quiet gift for my mama. She works as a producer, director, set builder, artist, costumer, script editor/writer, and whatever else is required to see the show to the end. She plans events, festivals, holiday banquets, and educational lectured. She does P.R. and marketing. She does it to better her community, and turns no profit. She does this, volunteering her time and donating her resources to ensure that each day, each year, our community is stronger, better, and cleaner. Not under the banner of religion, or politics, but because she believes that through education and kindness she can see the world become a better place.

And at the end of the day she closes the door, and the side that no one sees, the debilitating pain in her joints, comes to the surface, that aftermath is the cost she pays, the one no one sees.

Please remember that not all heroes ware capes, and not everyone who soldiers on serves in a military.



My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

a great poem Kitalia and a tribute to those who suffer unseen pain such as arthritis, I know some of this with relatives who bore that particular pain to which there is little relief, great work my friend :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 15, 2015
Last Updated on October 15, 2015

Author

Kitalia Emme
Kitalia Emme

TX



About
***Sorry for my absence. I lost a husband, fought addiction, and came out stronger that ever. I have been sober for 10 months. I am pulling my life together and healing from my loss (No, I wasn't wi.. more..

Writing