December 6, 2009 - 4:32am

December 6, 2009 - 4:32am

A Chapter by Kitt

December 6, 2009

4:32am

 

                I crept into my room sore and exhausted. Normally, I would’ve been happy to have survived Hudson with such few marks. And, I was happy that he hadn’t injured me, only hurt tonight, but more than anything, I was scared. To steal blueprints? This was going to end badly. This was going to end with someone catching me and putting me to death as a double agent.

                I ran the bathwater. There was no way I was sleeping tonight, despite how tired I may be. I need to clean up and devise some kind of plan. What was the ARC blueprints anyway? I wonder what technology I’ll be stealing. I’m hoping it’s not a weapon of some sort. This was suicide. How was I to get pass the security to get into the Head department’s office anyway? I couldn’t imagine the type of security she’d installed in there. What happened if I failed? I’d surely be killed, but would Hudson still kill Melissa if I died trying this?

                It was hard to think of a plan when I knew so little about this assignment. I pray to God that they would already have a plan made up so I won’t have to think of one. I also am praying I’ll make it through the rest of the day alive.

                I drain the bathwater brushing out my straight blonde hair and blow drying it. I’m still shaking. The heated water has done nothing to calm my nerves. I begin pacing now. Too much adrenaline is still coursing inside me. There’s not much room to pace in the bathroom, but it’s the most private place I can be and right now I need to be alone. I wonder what time it is. Was anyone else up yet> It had to be nearly five in the morning, right? I still have ten hours.

I find my thoughts turning from panic to anger. I’m thinking of Hudson now. I hope he dies. I hope he gets caught one day and someone kills him. I hope someone exposes him for who he really is! I suddenly cringe looking at the door expecting him to be standing there listening to my thoughts. The image scares me and causes my breath to move towards hyperventilation. I exit the bathroom slowly and carefully start searching me room. I have to ensure myself he’s not there. I sigh relieved. I’m still alone…



© 2013 Kitt


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on February 1, 2013
Last Updated on February 6, 2013


Author

Kitt
Kitt

Athens, GA



Writing
Kristen Kristen

A Poem by Kitt


Day Dream Day Dream

A Poem by Kitt