I Wish You Were Here

I Wish You Were Here

A Story by Gabrielle Guzman
"

This is what heartbreak means to me; losing my father.

"
It’s when the sun sets and I see those lovely shades of pinks, oranges, and a little purple every now and again, when I realize how beautiful life can be, and I think “Gosh, I wish you were here”. It’s in the wee hours of the night, when no one is up, and I’m just laying in my bed, when I stop and think “If only you could be here”. It’s when I’m not even thinking at all, just staring off into space, when you slip into my mind, and I think of your gentle words, and I wish you were here. It’s after a good laugh, I stop, I think, I smile, and I wish you were here. It’s every single beautiful spec of beauty in the christmas lights that light up my eyes and make me wish, of course, that you were here. It’s every holiday, and every weekend, and every birthday, and every single sunrise or sunset, and every season change, and every time I look at myself and I see your cheeks and your eyes, that I wish you could just be here. It’s every moment worth cherishing, and even those worth swearing at, and the ones we often forget as well, that I just miss you, and I wish you could be here. Hell, maybe it’s even the fact you literally cannot be here that makes me just wish, with all of my heart, that you were here.

© 2011 Gabrielle Guzman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

if this is true, im so sorry for u...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
1 Review
Added on February 5, 2011
Last Updated on February 9, 2011
Tags: death, missing, love, wish

Author

Gabrielle Guzman
Gabrielle Guzman

Austin, TX



About
Hello. I'm not going to lie to you and say that I'm amazingly optimistic or happily in love or any of that ooey gooey stuff. I'm just a girl with a keyboard, and you're just a person with a screen. more..

Writing