Bipolar Baby

Bipolar Baby

A Poem by kittielyyn

 

baby's got bloodshot eyes
maybe baby's been getting a little too high
on mania
because depression
makes you too rested
baby needs some mania
to wear baby out
until baby makes that little
pouty face

you love so much
you love so much
enough to beat baby up

baby looks tired
baby wants to retire
the quiet wild quiet life
baby wants to try to care
about what you say
but baby just sighs and says
"uh-huh"

baby's got bruised bloodshot eyes
because baby didn't try to care
about what you said
baby doesn't even try
to cover up her bruises
because to baby

bruises=love

baby loves you
baby wants to trust you
baby loves you
baby just wants to
you-know-what you
baby ran into the wall today
thats what baby will say

baby went away today
somewhere far away

baby's got rolled back eyes
baby got a little too low
on depression

© 2008 kittielyyn


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

oh my god.

I felt this poem with every word new images flooded into my mind one of the best i have ever read

thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank you.

Posted 16 Years Ago


powerful images

Posted 16 Years Ago


I love how it talks about the two different mental states at the beginning and the end of the poem - it's brilliant. Your writing continues to amaze me.

Posted 16 Years Ago


I don't think i have ever read anything about bi-polar presented like that before. It's an interesting take. I could see how it unfolds with in your lines though, and it does make sense. Perhaps some day they will come up with a sure fire way to rid the world of that brain-chemical imbalance that causes the affliction. that doesn't have any bad side effects. Good work!

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 11, 2008

Author

kittielyyn
kittielyyn

visalia, CA



About
it is always so hard to describe your self in a little paragraph like this. so what i will say. is the best way to figure out who i am is read what i write. because everything i feel is in that. more..

Writing
Sick Sick

A Poem by kittielyyn