Shell

Shell

A Story by kittynaz
"

Its a stroy I am tring to accumelate. Its about a strange shell which exedently ends up with the wrong person. Since then strange things beging to happen.

"

It was a peaceful winter evening �" the sky was gray and shadowing but it was not dark as sufficient light was provided by the artificial sources. Children were dodging and tagging each other. Giggles surrounded me and then I took a seat by the bench adjacent to the long iron lamp. In moments I was all set to read the latest edition to my literary collection. I opened the hard red binding of the book and began. As soon as I was passed the introduction and preface I found myself deeply indulged in the story. I did not notice the gray sky transform into dark nether did I took account of the clam and serenity around me when suddenly I was startled by a loud flapping noise. It came from above and had caused me to drop the book. I insinuated it to be an intruding local bird. Frustrated I glanced in the direction of where the disturbance had occurred �" my eyes urgently searched the tree branch for the cause but found nothing. The now vacant stem offered no visual description of the bird. Although the rocking motion suggested that the bird had trusted its take off from this hand structured branch.

Then I slowly picked up my book and leafed through�"turning the pages to find my place. Something shimmered in the dim light on my lap. Fascinated I held it up resolving it for moments. It was the size of my nail. I was dazed by the magnificent shades of multiple colors playing in the smooth substance. “Unreal!” I stroked it. I couldn’t tell its original color maybe it was transparent although its size as well as shape was just as intriguing. It seemed to be a shell or something like that. Eventually I over came the trance and perceived that it was getting late not to mention the unreasonably cold growing by the darkness.

 Hastily I placed the shell as a bookmark between the open pages and slammed the book shut. Then I hurried with my feet eating up the distance between the street and my apartment building. The ice wind struck my face causing me to shiver. The street was oddly deserted and the Blackwood tree bordering the street caused the pavement to be darker and more sinister. Another furies cold wind blew through my light sweater and I had to wrap my arms hard to keep it in place. The trees thrashed there branches while the leaf below flew high scrolling into circles forming invisible beings. Call it paranoia but I felt these mass-less things outlined by dead leaf following me.

After franticly climbing the stairs I was never as glad as tonight to reach my apartment door were warmth welcomed me. Hyperventilated my body was bent as my hands rested on my knees for support actuating me to see the shadow casted on the floor. The hall way was thankfully brightly lighted so a brief delay was unavoidable as I paused to catch my breath. Abruptly I felt heavy and the shadow deformed. The blood in my vanes froze as my heart was squeezed with fear beyond comprehension. But the darkness beneath me grew huge and I felt cold as my nerves became numb. I was too terrified to turn back, struck by pure anxiety my hand plunged into my pocket and the next instant came out with the keys. Just than the shadow sized to normal and the temperature became warm again. After many shaking tries I was finally able to steady my vibrating hand just enough to insert the key in the hole. Once inside I pressed my back against the other side of the door and let out a heavy breath. Then I made hot coffee and limply slummed into the sofa. The hot drink provided me strength and aided my coagulated blood to circulate the heat. My brain began to function rationally as my sanity returned. I declared the frightening events of tonight to be nothing more than amplified hallucination projected by the harsh weather playing outside.

© 2011 kittynaz


Author's Note

kittynaz
This is some of what I've written so far...so what do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really like your vocabulary! It adds a lot of excitement to this story. I'm intrigued.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

242 Views
1 Review
Added on April 11, 2011
Last Updated on April 11, 2011

Author

kittynaz
kittynaz

Pakistan



About
I am a passionate writer who puts a lot of effort in her work. Writing is my passion and I had to struggle against all odds to survive as a writer. more..

Writing
Preface Preface

A Chapter by kittynaz