cockroach

cockroach

A Poem by kitty blur
"

u know when everything u do reminds u of them? yeah, that

"
if there is a difference between carefully pulling at a hangnail
and resurrecting our days of honey + hymns
then feel free to tell me abt it

(because my love for u is like a cockroach)

if there is a difference between getting a nosebleed during sex
and laughing w yr ghost while drinking cold coffee
then go ahead and let me know

(because the whole world is yr backwash)

if there is a difference between driving w yr eyes closed on the freeway
and seeing u in every particle of static on my tv screen
then just show it to me

because i'm lodged between yr back molars
and i'm sort of having trouble seeing it

© 2016 kitty blur


Author's Note

kitty blur
trying out using patterns in my writing instead of just throwing stuff out there

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Raw and Poignant, something entrancing about that style. Keep it going!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Amazing. The imagry is powerful. The style is your unique and authentic voice. It is your pure thoughts. The pattern you used adds to flow and makes this like a song or a chant.

Posted 7 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Z.
i just keep coming back for this ((this is lyk, the fifth time i read this)) and i loooveee it ur probably one of my fave writers cuz u dont care abt rules and you let everything in ur mind flow without stopping and ur style is so refreshing and so unique and wow.

bless u.

Posted 7 Years Ago


"Laughing with your ghost" line was probably my favorite, but hey, this was a very raw & powerful poem! It's hard to let go of someone when you've become so used to having them around. It's like losing yourself...that's the worst way to go. I have the problem of getting too emotionally attached to people sometimes, so I do my best to not "get to know" many so I don't constantly get hurt. I loved the descriptions & comparisons you made! Very great write, keep up the good work!

Posted 7 Years Ago


This is one is probably my favorite. I love how out there it is and spontaneously odd it is but in a good way. Odd is good keep it up please!

Posted 7 Years Ago


I love the tone and the imagery put across but I have to disagree with the style. It makes it rather difficult to read and disrupts the flow. Words have vowels in them for a reason! Keep up the good work though :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Hi Kitty, really enjoyed the dose of bitterness delivered here with your mild sarcastic conversational tone.
You've got a unique voice and style and I really like it a lot! And the cockroach... I have one of those too.
They never die. No matter how many bombs drop. That love lives for better or worse. In my case for worse.

Also, there are some who are really fussy about form and I like that you did your own thing here and ignored those 'rules' because there really should not be any rules. Nice job.

Posted 7 Years Ago


kitty blur

7 Years Ago

Glad that you related to the cockroach concept. :) I almost feel like if I left out the (it never di.. read more
Ana Papaya

7 Years Ago

you're welcome and yeah, you'll probably get mixed reactions on the form but i love that you don't c.. read more
Entertaining & neat Poetry.
I enjoyed the comparisons beautifully knitted.
Good work, Keep writing

Posted 7 Years Ago


kitty blur

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much. The way that you worded "beautifully knitted" made me feel super cool. :)
I really love how you write in such an informal style; it really adds uniqueness to your works. As for this poem in particular, I really enjoyed reading it. I could relate to every single line. I especially love how you presented almost random ideas in this poem; it was like the poem reflected your state of mind. Also, I like that you're "trying out using some patterns;" it's good when someone tries to step out of their comfort zone. Great job on this.

-William Liston

Posted 7 Years Ago


kitty blur

7 Years Ago

So happy that you could relate to the lines! One of my fears when I write in this whole informal sty.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

512 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 13, 2016
Last Updated on June 19, 2016
Tags: honey, love, coffee, memories, sighing

Author

kitty blur
kitty blur

CA



About
i could be a symphony or an angel or a blade of grass i don't like using punctuation because i feel like if my brain was it's own person with its own keyboard and its own agenda, it wouldn't worry .. more..

Writing
hfdhfushi hfdhfushi

A Poem by kitty blur



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..