A Breath of Night

A Breath of Night

A Story by KJVollaro
"

A super-short piece inspired by the photography of Deborah Nadeau

"

It is only a loan.  A temporary engagement between the lonesome and the lost.  Some warmth in exchange for a place to come back to.  A revolving arrangement.  But only until dawn, when the falling dust sparkles, disappears, and sparkles again, dancing across light... sporadic light streaming in thru slats.  But then it's time to leave.  Don't be afraid.  This spot will stay warm until you fall back to sleep.  And the next time you call me, I'll be right here in the sound of the waves slapping the cliffs beneath this attic window.  I will return.  I promise.  But I do need to go.  For now.

© 2009 KJVollaro


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I can pictue this as a "teaser" excerpt on the back or inside flap of a novel... it has definite intrigue that could lead to a million places (if you chose to). I always enjoy your take on an image, and this piece certainly did not let me down. There is a desperate hope in this piece that is encouraging, almost in spite of itself. I particularly like how you incorporate the senses into this short piece. Well done, and I'm glad you're back!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

704 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 11, 2009
Last Updated on April 11, 2009

Author

KJVollaro
KJVollaro

Warren, RI



About
A man has an idea. It's not an idea that will change the world, but if it can change just one soul, when accomplished, it will all have been worthwhile. Everyday literate people read. It makes no diff.. more..

Writing
Dear John Dear John

A Story by KJVollaro