Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Kelly M.

Moon beams danced off the shadowy figure of the young stranger who, with hands in pockets, staggering now and then, walked in a sort of hunched fashion along the side of the road.  It was nightfall, and the only light to guide his winding path was that which shone from the crescent moon above in the starless sky.  The September foliage in the trees above his head rustled in the evening breeze, and a ghostly sense of warning penetrated the atmosphere-- yet the boy plodded on, his heart pounding at the thrill of the scheme that was just in reach.  Just then, a group of other teenagers, the rest of the young man's party, suddenly joined him, and their male voices immediately clashed together in secretive tones full of excitement.  Another bend in the corner, and there she was.  The shiny metal of the ferrari glimmered.  The ring leader of the gang held up the keys, jingling them just for effect.  Then there was a bit of a raucous and some shuffling around until the sound of an engine began to purr.  The bunch of guys hopped onto the leather seats, obviously enjoying their ticket to freedom in their ride for the night.  With a roar, the car whizzed off.  The driver easily settled back, his fingers turning up the volume to high as rock music rolled off of the speakers.  Coarse laughter soon followed and the guys joked and sped on, their drunken voices carrying out over the hills that took them in circles for what seemed hours.  The driver suddenly gripped the wheel with a force, beginning to pick up speed to the entertainment of the others.  He was headed in a perfectly straight line; the road seemed to stretch a long ways without a car in sight.  One of them, however, noticed a red light flashing in the distance and slapped the driver on the shoulder, commanding him to stop in a completely jesting fashion; but the man at the wheel took that as a sort of challenge and only pressed down on the gas all the more.  As though on instant, a lone car appeared out of nowhere, not seeming to be aware of the speeding car coming directly in its direction.  The same guy in the back cried again, in a shrieking voice, to stop.  The driver finally realized what was happening and slammed on the brake with everything he could muster.  The only other sounds were of splintering glass and agonizing cries.  


Then the whole world went black.



© 2014 Kelly M.


Author's Note

Kelly M.
What do you think so far? This short prologue happens to be based on a true story of some people my family knew and told me about, which, I think, makes it all the more crazy, as well as fascinating!

Please review and let me know what you think! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

interesting start, there might be some more description here.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Kelly M.

10 Years Ago

Yes, I actually forgot to post the revised version! Give me a second!
This is a really interesting beginning to a book. You've hooked the reader well so they are curious about the open ends! I think you should split the text up more so it is easier to read, maybe the last sentence could be a one-line paragraph? This would build up more tension and make the text seem more dramatic. Other than that, it was an intriguing start and I'm looking forward to reading the rest, well done:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Kelly M.

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much :) I'm very excited about this book! Your feedback is helpful :)
Ohhh I love this sooo much!!! You dive into the story but also do it in a gentle to powerful way. I can't wait to keep reading! It is amazing as I can see everything so clearly. :) very nice job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Angelica

11 Years Ago

Yess I bet! You are a very good writer!
Kelly M.

11 Years Ago

Thanks so much(:
Angelica

11 Years Ago

your welcome:)
Hmmm... a very good start! has the readers wondering what in the world is going on. lol i wonder what happens next. . .

Posted 11 Years Ago


Kelly M.

11 Years Ago

Hahaha:)
Yikes!!! That definitely has a thrill to it!!! I'm excited to read it:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


I’m definitely intrigued so far! Very nicely written, I could almost hear creepy music along with it. Can’t wait to keep reading!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like this bring more light into the first chapter! Nicely done

Posted 11 Years Ago


"A tall figure suddenly sent a shadow across the shaded spot off the side of the back road." This was the only spot in your prologue that didnt quite make sense to me. Maybe it needs reworded?
Anyway, I loved this! There was a suspense and an eerie feeling throughout the whole piece! I can't wait to read more :)

~Erinne

Posted 11 Years Ago


Kelly M.

11 Years Ago

Thank you, Erinne! I've reworded it in that place; is it more understandable now?
Erinne S.

11 Years Ago

Ahh yes, definitely easier to read now! :)
Ahhh!!! I love itttt!!!(: Write more! I can't wait to read it!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

496 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 16, 2012
Last Updated on November 18, 2014


Author

Kelly M.
Kelly M.

SC



About
"The Spirit of God made me; the breath of the Almighty God gives me life." Job 33:4 more..

Writing
By a Friend By a Friend

A Poem by Kelly M.


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Kelly M.


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Kelly M.





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5