14) Dumbstruck

14) Dumbstruck

A Chapter by Kelly M.

"Why, hello there," came the soft familiar voice.
April jumped in surprise, and wheeled around to see Will, watching her intently.  His face quickly looked apologetic.
"I'm-- I'm sorry.  I didn't mean to startle you."
April's face softened, and she raised a self-conscious hand to her wayward curls.
"No-- no.  It's fine.   I was-- I just received some letters from an old friend.  I didn't expect to find anyone here--"  She stopped herself.  "Well, I-- I best be getting on home before my Mama starts to worry."
Then she quickly bent down to gather the scattered letters.  She was surprised when she realized that Will was quietly helping her.  She smiled in spite of herself.
Once he handed her Drew's hand written letters, he tipped his hat politely.
"Thank you-- for helping me with these," April whispered.  And she was just going to turn and be on her way, when he gently stopped her.
"May I-- um-- escort you home?"
His deep voice held a slight nervousness, and April could feel herself blushing.  She looked down at her feet.
"I'd like that," she whispered shyly.
And she found herself floating beside the most handsome schoolteacher around.  She blushed at the very thought.  
They started small talk about the weather, the economy, schooling and anything of that in particular.  April realized him to be quite the conversationalist, and enjoyed his company. 
 At first, she thought him to be more of the shy type, but he was quite outgoing, and had a good-natured touch of humor.  He surprised her with his knowledge, and somewhat brazen comments.
"April," he began, (April had given him permission to call her by her first name). "you may think me silly, but I've found myself dreaming about you.  Actually quite often."
April felt the color rising to her cheeks, and a tingle go up and down her spine.
"Oh, really?"  Her tone was casual.
He chuckled softly.  "Ever since the first day I laid eyes on you."
"And what did you think of me then?" April teased.  "That I was inexcusably late, and--"
 But he interrupted her, a sparkle in his eyes.  "And the prettiest girl in town?"
April laughed softly as though it were a joke, but inside she wondered if he was rushing things.  She had known him for some time now, but not enough to get so-- personal.
And just when Will was opening his mouth to speak, April's home came in sight.  
"Well, it looks like we're here already," she declared.
"Sad.  We were having so much fun."
April smiled softly, and turned to go when Will laid a hand on her shoulder.  She turned back slowly.
"I-- I know this is rather sudden, but could I-- would you mind if I came calling?"
The question left April dumbstruck, and her heart skipped a beat.


© 2011 Kelly M.


Author's Note

Kelly M.
Sooo, we're back to Will. I know it seems rather fast for him to just stride up and ask her if he can come to call, but I'll try my best to keep it at an even pace. :))

What do you think so far?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Like i said before... CREEPY. i expected that Will may have had a quick glance at the letter he picked up for April. i dont know if its just me but when i do somthing like that i tend to glance quickly at it. not long enough to really make sense of anything but long enough to see a word or two. well what can i say...? Liked the chapter, am Loving the book :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I'm not much for leaving reviews, but I clearly enjoy this entire book, and enjoy having to wait till the computer loads to read the other chapter, I think Will sounds nice, I think it will be hard when she Loves Drew....and Drew loves her, but I think it would be amazing if Drew could just tell her! Oh my I love this Book so far, I'm glad your keeping them short.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Hm, Will certainly wants April to fall in love with him. The cliffhanger definitely leaves me in suspence. I think April will say no, because she's still in love with Drew. I think she likes Will, but Drew truly belongs to her. Though, I might be wrong. One can never truly wait forever. I don't know much about Will yet, so I can't say anything just yet. It's a bit short, but that's okay. Just take a look at my short short chapters. Of which I'm trying desperately to improve. As my best friend Jocelyn always says, it's all about the quality, not the quantity. xD READING ON NOW~

Posted 12 Years Ago


It was a good chapter, and Will seems like a nice guy, but I still like Drew, and I think he's a better match for her...Other wise good chapter :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Another good chapter. And even though it is short... you packed a lot of detail in, which makes it good. I can't believe she's falling for Will! I hope she sticks with Drew...but maybe Will can grow on me :)

You left a great cliffhanger at the end! I'm in suspense now, and I'm eager for the next chapter. Can't wait!

~Erinne

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like it. Amd as for the detailed part, I think you did a great job at elaborating. Great read!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Girl, it's not that short! xD
I think the cliffhanger was well done(: Yes you are leaving me in suspense.
I think she'll say yes out of niceness(is that even a word? xD) I think she does, but not more than friends.
Oh my Jinxx that's a lot of questions xD
Well I'll tell you this, I liked the chapter, it was short and sweet. Message me when you upload again :D

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

543 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 5, 2011
Last Updated on December 4, 2011


Author

Kelly M.
Kelly M.

SC



About
"The Spirit of God made me; the breath of the Almighty God gives me life." Job 33:4 more..

Writing
By a Friend By a Friend

A Poem by Kelly M.


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Kelly M.


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Kelly M.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


2) Last Good-bye 2) Last Good-bye

A Chapter by Kelly M.


25) Good-byes 25) Good-byes

A Chapter by Kelly M.


3) A Promise 3) A Promise

A Chapter by Kelly M.