15) A Strange Dream

15) A Strange Dream

A Chapter by Kelly M.

April groped for the right words to say.  She liked him-- a lot-- but--
"Well-- um-- you'll have to ask permission from my parents-- first."
He nodded his agreement.  "Of course.  Will your parents be available tomorrow?"
April only nodded.  She could barely think straight to respond.
"Tomorrow then?  Let's say around two o'clock?"
"Yes," she said, finally finding her tongue, "That'll be fine."
Then, to her great surprise, he took her small hand in his, and kissed it gently.  And with a tip of his hat, he left whistling.
April nearly fainted as she watched him disappear.  Then she steadied herself before appearing before her expectant parents.  By now, supper would be getting cold.
So, with a racing heart and flushed cheeks, she hurried inside. 
At first, she had tried to act casual, but April had a feeling her mother wasn't fooled.
"How was your afternoon by the lake?" her mother asked as she bit into a tough piece of meat.
"Fine," she answered simply.
"Just fine?"
April stole a glance at her father who gave her a mysterious smile.
"How's that Will boy doing?" he asked her.
April gasped.
"How did you--?"
He only grinned.
"You know your mother.  She has to know everything," he teased.
April turned back to her mother.
"You saw?"
She nodded.
"And you know what I think?" her mother asked softly, but firmly.
April shook her head and looked at her shaking hands in her lap.  She went on.
"I think he's a fine young man."
April looked up, surprised.  "You mean--?"
She nodded.  "I give you my permission."
April could hardly contain her joy.
"But,"  She held up her hand.  "Only if your father agrees as well."
April gave her father a pleading glance.
"Oh, I surrender."  He held his hands up.  "I give you my permission."
With that, April leapt into his arms.
"Oh, thank you," she whispered.

~*~
The next day, April could barely hold in her nervous excitement as she shyly approached Will.  
Once she had told him he had chuckled.  And from then on he called her Sunshine because of her beaming face.  April didn't mind it.  Actually she rather enjoyed it.  

~*~
A week later in the middle of the night, April couldn't sleep.  She kept having odd dreams of Drew.  
In one such dream, he was with her on Daisy Haven.  He had bowed to her, and asked for a dance.  When she had said yes, he had taken both of her hands in his and gracefully swung her around, making her brown curls fly and dress twirl.  Everything had been perfect for that moment.  But then Will had appeared with an angry scowl on his face.  And when April had turned to Drew, he had disappeared. 
She had cried herself awake, and had made a dash to her drawers.  There she rummaged around for her wilting daisies and precious letters.  She was relieved when she found them, and held them to her heart.  A tear had slipped down her cheek, and she had whispered.  "I haven't forgotten you."


© 2011 Kelly M.


Author's Note

Kelly M.
Who will it be... Drew or Will :))

You'll have to find out!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

once again I like this (my reveiws are so repetetive). i have to admitt that like others i like the idea of April and Drew being together but I think ive made it clear i find Will's actions creepy and we as the reader dont really know Will enough to want anyother outcome.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh my goodness, I was wrong! So she does like Will, and she's abandoning her love of Drew for him. This Will kid must be one hell of a guy. The length is okay, but I'd rather it be a little longer. Nothing to fix, just... I'm kind of confused. Isn't the entire novel about her waiting to return to Drew, and now she's going to go out with Will? Well, I guess it could be about her moving on, or choosing whom she's in love with. I'd love to see a picture of her, to fully grasp how beautiful she must be. Well done, my friend! Good stuff!
-Livs

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like this - 2 things.
1) once she spoke to Will - I think he would have still come to see her parents and maybe they would have then maybe made tentative plans to do something.
2) re " A week later at one o'clock in the morning.." - how did she know it was one in the morning? They arent well off and I wouldn't imagine she had a digital clock glowing in the dark. I would skip the time all together ..."Late one night a week later, April couldn't sleep." or something similar.
Reading on :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Another great chapter Kelly! I'm anxious to read the next chapter!

I can't believe she is with Will... but I'm glad she won't forget Drew. In the end I hope that's who she ends up with. :)
I didn't see anything that needed fixed. Even though it's a short chapter, it draws the reader's attention which is what it should do.
Great Job!

~Erinne

Posted 12 Years Ago


I think she still loc=ves Drew, and I like Drew for her much better than Will. Will just doesn't seem right, there's just somehting about him I don't like...I like Drew better, a lot better... Great chapteer though :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I think she loves Drew more in that way than she does Will. I think she'd be satisfied with Will as just a friend. I think this chapter is great, and i can't wait for the next one. Length is fine. Short or long, if it keeps readers wanting more, it doesn't matter. I didn't see anything that caught my eye that needed to be fixed. Message me once you upload again(:
Jennika

Posted 12 Years Ago


Hmm. . . I feel kindof' like April, torn between Drew and Will. Great write!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

554 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 6, 2011
Last Updated on December 4, 2011


Author

Kelly M.
Kelly M.

SC



About
"The Spirit of God made me; the breath of the Almighty God gives me life." Job 33:4 more..

Writing
By a Friend By a Friend

A Poem by Kelly M.


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Kelly M.


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Kelly M.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


2) Last Good-bye 2) Last Good-bye

A Chapter by Kelly M.


25) Good-byes 25) Good-byes

A Chapter by Kelly M.


3) A Promise 3) A Promise

A Chapter by Kelly M.