19) Her First Date

19) Her First Date

A Chapter by Kelly M.

"Oh, my!" April exclaimed, wiping the sweat from her forehead.  "I didn't know working on that cemetery would be so hard-- and tiring."
Her mother smiled.
"It was good of you and Kanika to clean it up.  It's a pity no one had done it before."
April flopped herself on the couch, and nodded.  "It needed it."
A sudden rap at the door sent her mother away from the kitchen.
"Will!" April heard her mother exclaim.  "How good to see you."
April's mind came back in order.  She was sweaty, dirty and far from decent enough for any callers.  She tiptoed away from the living room, and hurried out the back door where the water pump was located.  She splashed the cold water on her face, and then hurried back inside to change.  She was too late.
"April!"  Her mother had spotted her.  "There you are.  Will has come to see you."
She smiled weakly.
"Would you like to take a little stroll?" he asked somewhat nervously.  "So we can talk?"
April's mind raced.  DId she?  This would give her a chance to say that she didn't wish to rush with a relationship.  But-- but now?
She glanced down at her appearance.
"I-- I'd need to change first.  I've been working over at the graveyard, and haven't had time to change yet."
He nodded.  "Of course.  I'll just wait outside."  Then he was gone.
And with a sweep of her skirts, April quickly dressed.  She took a last glance in the mirror, then hastened to the door.  
Outside, she watched as Will paced back and forth, practicing what to say.  He instantly stopped when he saw her.
With a confident smile, he handed her his arm.  She took it somewhat reluctantly.
They didn't talk at first, and if they did, it was of little importance.  April began to wonder why he brought her out here anyway.  She soon had her answer when he turned to her with a soft, but serious face.
"The real reason I came was because I wanted to ask if you'd give me the honor of being your escort to the outdoors dance."
"The outdoors dance?"  April murmured.
"Yes, it's going to be by the lake actually.  The same place you had your party."
"Oh."
She didn't know what else to say.
"It's going to be held this Friday."
April counted in her head.  Only three days.  It wasn't that far away.
"Well, I don't have a-- a proper dress or--"
"Whatever you wear will be perfect.  Since we're going to be outside it won't be as formal"
April found herself nodding when she had promised herself not to go much further with this relationship.
"That-- should be fine."
He smiled his pleasure.
"I'll pick you up at six then."
With that settled, he led her back to her little home.
"Oh, just wait till I tell mother," April thought.  "I do hope she doesn't consider it as a date."  But, in a way, April felt as though it was-- her very first date.


© 2012 Kelly M.


Author's Note

Kelly M.
So, again it's short. I'm sorry!

Anyway, she's going to a dance-- but yet she doesn't want to go further with this relationship. What is she going to do?

I'll give you a HUGE hint. The next chapter is VERY important, and it's right at the core of where the drama gets really intense. :)

Hope you liked this chapter!

*Honest, detailed reviews please!* :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

distance can ruin a relationship you can drift away and because you hardly see them you can look for somone to replace them in your new area. i know a girl who never officially broke up with her boyfriend but because of the distance they ended up hardly speaking and though they did from time to time it was always in more of a freinds way and she started to go out with another guy... that made it awkward when she moved back and the first boy thought they were still dating. i can see the possibility of a similar thing happening here

Posted 12 Years Ago


Ooh, her very first date is not with Drew, but with Will! I'm liking Will more and more throughout every chapter, and I'm starting to think he might be better than Drew. If that's even possible. Maybe she should bond with Will, deciding whether she loves Drew enough to wait for him, or should she take her relationship with Will to the next level? Ooh, I'm anxious about the drama and about the next chapter! So I'm ending this review quickly so I can read on, and read about the drama!
-Livs

Posted 12 Years Ago


"It's a pity no had done it before." You missed the word 'one' after 'no'

"A sudden rap at the door sent her mother away from the kitche." You forgot the 'n' in kitchen.

Another good chapter. It is short but we now are left wondering what is going to happen at this dance she is going to go to. Hopefully she is able to figure things out cause she is definitely in a difficult situation!

~Erinne

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

355 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 12, 2011
Last Updated on March 3, 2012


Author

Kelly M.
Kelly M.

SC



About
"The Spirit of God made me; the breath of the Almighty God gives me life." Job 33:4 more..

Writing
By a Friend By a Friend

A Poem by Kelly M.


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Kelly M.


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Kelly M.