2) Arrival

2) Arrival

A Chapter by Kelly M.

April paced back in forth in the kitchen, her hands fidgeting nervously.  Her parents were to arrive any minute, and Jenny was busy preparing the noon meal for them.
"You'd think Drew was coming back with strangers off the street instead of your parents,"Jenny laughed.
April drew back a curtain, and scanned the streets for any sign of the horses plodding around the bend.
"It's just I feel like I haven't seen them in forever."
"You mean two months?"
April turned to Jenny, smiling softly.  "I guess I'm just anxious."
Jenny nodded her understanding, and continued mixing.  April began setting the antique flatware on the fresh tablecloth.  She had to do something to keep her eyes away from the ticking clock on the mantle.
~*~
"It's so good to see you," April enthused, giving both her parents a warm and welcoming embrace. 
"And you," her mother agreed, smiling at her fondly.
"Do come in, and make yourselves at home," April invited, motioning inside.  "Drew's parents are in town at the moment, but they'll be back soon.  Jenny has been busy making food for your arrival."
They all eagerly sat down at the large rectangular table, and had Mr. Thompson thank their Father for their safe arrival, and asked for His blessing on the food.  Soon the quiet house was brimming of talk of the long and dusty trip, Kanika and Karver, and April and Drew's wedding plans.
"Are you doing an inside or outside wedding?" April's mother asked, sipping her mug of ginger tea, which Jenny had brewed especially for her.
"Outside," April responded with a bright smile.  "Drew and I wish to get married under the large oak tree."
"The Kissing Tree?" her father asked, his tone light and teasing.
She nodded, blushing a deep crimson.  How foolish it had seemed, but April could not have imagined any other place.
"How many people have you planned to invite?"
"We were thinking of a small wedding," Drew spoke up.
"Family members and close friends," April agreed, and gave Drew's hand a quick squeeze.  
"Have you bought any land for a new house?" her father questioned.
April glanced at Drew, and he smiled like a little mischievous kid who had just sneaked a cookie from his mother's kitchen.
"I have a good idea, but I thought I'd keep it a surprise."
April didn't miss the sparkle in her mother's eyes.


© 2012 Kelly M.


Author's Note

Kelly M.
Sorry it's short. The next chapter comes to the heart of the drama.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I have an idea too... an idea of whats gonna happen. and yes ok Ive left 2 Reveiws now when i said i wouldnt leave 1. so ill come back later and leave a better one. i could easily read this again

Posted 12 Years Ago


Awee Parents. Happiness :) ohhh reading on :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous. I love this book, and I'll say it again: this is the best realistic fiction book I've EVER read. Even against published ones. It's kind of sad when there's a book on here that hasn't been published that's the best realistic fiction book ever, isn't it? :D Haha. But that's just as good as this book is. There's nothing I saw to fix, but their marriage seems to be panning out perfectly. If Drew is the perfect boy for April, then she should be happy for the rest of her life. I'm SOOOO excited for the rest of the book! Congradulations for such an excellently written book!
-Livs

Posted 12 Years Ago


I agree it was short but I like it anyway:) It's really interesting an I like the way you added that last mysteriousness yo it:) (if that's even a word lol)

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was a good chapter. It was short but that's okay. I'm looking forward to seeing how this book progresses :)

~Erinne

Posted 12 Years Ago


I really think it was very well paced, its going very well. I can't wait to see everything unfolding as the book continues. Maybe it will give me the inspiration I need to write more of my book, Silent Evening. Or it might help me edit Frightened Night... Anyway, great job! :)

~Lizzard~

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

330 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 26, 2011
Last Updated on January 14, 2012


Author

Kelly M.
Kelly M.

SC



About
"The Spirit of God made me; the breath of the Almighty God gives me life." Job 33:4 more..

Writing
By a Friend By a Friend

A Poem by Kelly M.


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Kelly M.


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Kelly M.