8) Pure Bliss

8) Pure Bliss

A Chapter by Kelly M.

Her fingertips on the window, she watched, her heart light with relief and happiness, as they all pitched in to finish what remained of their future home.
"Drew, come here, and see this," she motioned towards where he was sitting, reading a book that didn't seem to be holding his interest.  Limping, he wandered to the window, and followed April's gaze.

"They told me they'd like to repay your kindness," she explained, and turned to him.  "I never imagined we could have such neighbors."

Then she was crying, and he held her in his arms.

"Drew," she whispered against his chest, "I've been meaning to tell you something.  I-- I don't care if we're married ten years from now or this very minute.  And you haven't failed me.  You could never fail me," she whispered, looking up into his eyes.  "You know that."

He didn't respond directly, but the relief in his eyes was enough for her.

~*~

The months of pain and tragedy faded away, and was exchanged with bliss and thanksgiving.

Their log home was finally complete, and April beamed at the thought that their wedding wouldn't have to be put off much longer now.

So after much deciding, they agreed on December the first as their new wedding date.  April feared it may be too cold for her dream of an outdoors wedding, but kept her trust in God to do His will, and hoped for the best.

Every day was filled with planning, deciding and excitement.  Everyone bustled about, wrapping last minute wedding gifts, sending out invitations or choosing colors or dress materials when, finally, April realized something was missing.

"Oh my," April exclaimed suddenly, a hand fluttering to her heart.  "We have everything planned except a wedding dress."

"That's not a problem," her mother quickly replied, her eyes twinkling with a hidden secret.  Before April could inquire what she meant, she had hurried from the room, and soon returned with a wooden chest.  With a few knocks on the lid, it opened and revealed a beautiful satin wedding dress.  Everyone exclaimed over it.

"Mother," April protested, "it's been in the family for years."

"All the more reason for you to wear it."

April couldn't keep her fingers from touching the soft satin.

"Well, if you insist."

Her mother smiled.  "I do."

~*~

The next morning, Drew and April took a walk up to see their future home.  April hadn't seen the interior, and Drew, making sure her eyes were closed, whispered excitedly, "Now, you can look."

Opening her eyes, April gasped.  The kitchen was spaciously designed with a few wooden cabinets, a cooking stove, and a small round table with two chairs that stood at the center of the room.  A braided rug lay by the door in welcoming, and a large window at the far end.  April walked up to the window, looking out over the softly swaying daisies, the tall oak trees, laughing brook and cloudless sky.  She smiled through the tears.

"What do you think?" he asked softly.

"I love it," she whispered.

He smiled. "Do you want to see the rest?"

She nodded excitedly, and followed him to the right where a couch stood lazily by a small fireplace with wood stacked neatly beside it.  Near it, was a large, comfy armchair and kerosene lamp.  April noted that it would be a perfect place to fill her time with a good book, or sewing.  And to the right, a large window streamed in rays of light, giving the room a special touch.

"Oh, it's so homey," she exclaimed in pleasure.

"Now, the finale," he said, his eyes twinkling as he pulled open a door to the far right. 

A queen sized bed with a handmade quilt was spread over it, and a large dresser stood nearby.  A nice-sized window lit the room from the left, and another braided rug lay at the foot of the bed.

She turned to Drew, smiling.  "I couldn't imagine having a finer home," she whispered, then added, "or a finer husband."


© 2012 Kelly M.


Author's Note

Kelly M.
:D

What do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this chapter. you know its funny just after hearing about the wedding dress i scroll down a bit to read the next part an notice an add for wedding dresses on the side :P im starting to wonder what charictors will be in this and the next book that were in the first

Posted 12 Years Ago


Welll Ithought I commented
but Mommas dress and a homey home. Happiness again :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


Beautiful. Absolutely gorgeous. Again, sorry, I'm trying to read more. Totally anxious!!
-Livs

Posted 12 Years Ago


Such a beautiful chapter. After many chapters filled with sorrow and drama (which was fabulous), it's nice to read a sweet, touching chapter. I do love how much storyline you add to these books. Can't wait to read more!:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like this chapter. I wish they were a bit longer. I loved the happiness in this chapter, it was wholesome and sweet. Great job and keep the chapters coming!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This chapter went a little too fast in my opinion. I did love how you detailed the part about how the house looked, wonderful! :) It was a great chapter, just that you rushed in the first to the second part and I didn't fully understand it. Great job at writing this book and keeping it going. You've got talent and I'm excited to read more! :D

~Lizzard~

Posted 12 Years Ago


I loved this chapter!! And im so excited! I cant wait to read more! 100100

Posted 12 Years Ago


Loved this! I"m so glad that Drew and April are getting married now! Their house seems beautiful based on your descriptions. I'm so glad the story is getting happier now :) Great job and I am excited for more.

~Erinne

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

277 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 1, 2011
Last Updated on January 15, 2012


Author

Kelly M.
Kelly M.

SC



About
"The Spirit of God made me; the breath of the Almighty God gives me life." Job 33:4 more..

Writing
By a Friend By a Friend

A Poem by Kelly M.


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Kelly M.


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Kelly M.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


3) A Promise 3) A Promise

A Chapter by Kelly M.