12) One Answer Solved

12) One Answer Solved

A Chapter by Kelly M.

Ashton stormed over to me, grabbing my hand, and pulling me away.  It was all like some tragic scene in a movie.

I ripped free from his grasp.  "You don't own me," I practically hissed, shocked at my own firmness.

"Well, I am your boyfriend, and I think I have the right to demand you to stop acting like a flirtatious schoolgirl," he shouted angrily.

I was so surprised at his manner of tone.  He always seemed so soft and sweet.  What other side did he have?

"I'm not your exclusive property," I repeated.  "And you don't have the right to demand me to come and go like some dog."

His face was red in fury, and his eyes were blazing.  I was so frightened that he might do something, but I didn't move an inch.

"Leave her alone."

I turned to see Austin behind me, defending me like a courageous knight, rescuing me from the arms of the enemy.

"Who do you want?" Ashton asked in a softer tone.  "Me or him?"

I looked back at Austin, my heart nearly breaking, then looked back at him.  

"I don't know," I answered honestly, "but I do know that if you're going to be acting like this that I don't want to have anything to do with you."  My words were cruel, but they were the truth.  That much he deserved.  

"Fine," he said, and turned away.  "You have one week to make up your mind."

~*~

I told Jordan everything, not keeping anything from her.  Her eyes were wide with shock, and she kept shaking her head in anger.

"I can't believe him!" she shouted.  "Doing such a thing."

"Me neither," I said softly.  "I feel like he's changing-- and not for the better."

"That's what I wanted to tell you," Jordan said.  "I thought there was something, but I couldn't put my finger on it."

"Looks like we know now," I said, and sighed.

~*~

All the rest of the week, I wrestled, trying to get my feelings in order.  Nothing solved anything for me until Amy and Anne approached me one day.

"What does this verse mean?" they asked, and handed me their small Bible.

I glanced down where they pointed, and began reading aloud.

"Matthew 18:21-22. Then Peter came up and said to him, 'Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?' Jesus said to him, 'I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven.'"

"What does it mean?" Amy asked again.

Tears suddenly came to my eyes.  "It means," I whispered, "you should always forgive.  Not just a few times, but all the time."

They didn't realize I was silently crying, and told me 'thank you,' and then hurried back to their bedroom.

"Oh, Lord," I whispered, "you want me to forgive him, don't you?" I whispered.  "Should I take him back, too?"

I had my one answer, but an even bigger one lurked in my mind.  Should I take him back?  Should I?



© 2011 Kelly M.


Author's Note

Kelly M.
Sorry it's short, and boring. Hope you liked it anyway. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

OMG! This chapter reminds me of how I had to choose between two people before. :/ I feel bad for Jackie. She kinda sounded like me in this chapter, but I don't know. Haha!!! xD I can't wait for more. :)

~Lizzard~

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

242 Views
1 Review
Added on July 1, 2011
Last Updated on July 1, 2011


Author

Kelly M.
Kelly M.

SC



About
"The Spirit of God made me; the breath of the Almighty God gives me life." Job 33:4 more..

Writing
By a Friend By a Friend

A Poem by Kelly M.


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Kelly M.


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Kelly M.