15) I Love You

15) I Love You

A Chapter by Kelly M.

I made my way through the pouring rain, telling myself not to trust the weather reports from now on.  I stopped in front of Austin's car, catching my breath.  I saw him coming down his porch steps, looking at me, standing carelessly in the rain.  His eyes seemed to look right into my heart, making me shiver, in spite of myself.  I stepped forward, so he'd be able to hear me over the thunder.  My hair was dripping wet, and my clothes were soaked through.  I was sure my mascara was running as well, but I couldn't think about that at this moment.

"I came to talk to you."  

I suppose that was sort of a strange statement.  I was sure he knew that or I wouldn't be standing here in this downpour.

      "Why don't you come inside?  You'll get sick."

  I shook my head.  "It won't take long."

  Before I could say anything else, he took his coat from his car, and handed it to me.  My teeth were now chattering, and I knew that after this, I would probably have a horrible cold.  "That doesn't matter," I told myself.  "I came here for a special reason, and I'm not leaving, now."


  I bit my lip.  All of a sudden, I didn't no what to say-- how to say it.  How could I begin?

"Is there something on your mind?" he asked.

I nodded truthfully, but didn't go on.

"Well, my plane leaves in about an hour," he said slowly, then paused.  "Tell Ashton I wish you both the best."  Then he turned away.

"Wait," I shouted.

He turned back, his eyes questioning.

"I-- didn't you hear that Ashton and I broke up?"

His eyes only looked more puzzled.  "But I saw you.."

It slowly came to me.  "I only saw him to tell him that it wasn't working out."

"But you work at Publix..."

"He got me the job," I said hurriedly.  "I'm quitting anyway.  I won't really have much time to work there with school, and I didn't want to be working with him..."

"You mean--?"

I began to laugh then.  A soft, joyous laugh.  I nodded quickly.  "We're done.  Completely.  He was just-- I don't know really.  I never did love him.  I feel guilty-- thinking that I only was dating him to get you off of my mind."  I stopped.  "Austin, I'm sorry.  I'm sorry for being so unkind to you.  I'm sorry for ignoring you like you were some stranger."

I could have gone on and on, but he stopped me by picking me up in his arms, and kissing me.  Just then, the thunder cracked, and sunlight burst through the dark clouds, as though lighting up the whole world with its light.

"I love you," I whispered.  For the first time, I was being true to my feelings.  For the first time, I had overcome my fear.  And, for the first time, I listened to my heart.

"And I love you," he whispered back.  "I always have and always will."

The tears came then, but before I could enjoy the happiness of the moment, I gasped.  "What about your plane?"

"Forget the plane," he said, laughing.  "I'm staying right here.  Right where I belong.  I've thought about this for a long time.  My older brother is going to move down here, so why not stay with him?  It all works out."

Then I hugged him.  I was crying.  My heart was singing.  My dreams were becoming true.  And it all wouldn't have happened if I hadn't done one simple thing.  Listen to my heart.



© 2011 Kelly M.


Author's Note

Kelly M.
The End. :D

Well, what do you all think? I want three things from you in your review. Honesty. Opinion. Length. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow this boo was kinda amazing, veery short. But I enjoyed :) oh my goodness. I still don't like Austin.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I loved it!! Beautiful ending!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I think that it was amazing and perfect and really cute It could have benn a bit longer though but really awesome job :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Absolutely perfect ending. This book was really beautiful!!! I wish it would've been longer, and there should be a sequel, but it was great! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Awww... sweet ending:) It was perfect. Excellent job and I look forward to reading more of yur work.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow! I loved this chapter :) I loved the beauty of the whole book. You need to make a sequel for it, but in Jordan's point of view so she finds love. xD I can't wait to read more of what you come up with girlie. You're a talented writer and don't let anyone tell you that. The book was a little short, but it doesn't matter because it was amazing! :)

~Lizzard~

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

442 Views
6 Reviews
Added on July 11, 2011
Last Updated on July 15, 2011


Author

Kelly M.
Kelly M.

SC



About
"The Spirit of God made me; the breath of the Almighty God gives me life." Job 33:4 more..

Writing
By a Friend By a Friend

A Poem by Kelly M.


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Kelly M.


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Kelly M.