13) Blessings

13) Blessings

A Chapter by Kelly M.

Worry and anxiety soon faded when Jenny informed April that Drew had arrived, but curiosity and wonder were still expressed on her face.  Even though her eyes were full of questions, Jenny kept her lips sealed.

But she had no more time to think of Drew's mysterious absence for her parents were gathering around for a last prayer and blessing on her future marriage.

"Father in heaven," began her father's strong voice, "we thank you for this day we can be together to share in our daughter's happiness on her wedding day.  We pray that her marriage to Drew will always be full of love and joy, hope and strength.  We ask you to bless them, and for them to always remember Your many promises.  In Your Name we pray these things, Amen."

Tears glistened in April's eyes, knowing how much she'd dearly miss her parents who were always there for her in her growing up years.  Just the thought of life without them felt so strange and new.

Hugs and kisses were quickly exchanged, and then April turned to her father, his eyes sparkling with love and pride-- and maybe even a touch of sadness.

"Are you ready now, little one?"

She nodded softly.  A smile lit her face, and her cheeks were glowing as he took her arm, and led her outside, and down the aisle of flowers.

Drew stood straight and tall under the large oak tree, his eyes never wandering from April's face.  His dark eyes were soft and sparkling, his black suit dazzling, and his hair softly curling about his forehead.

They had almost reached the alter when her father stopped her by taking her hand.  April looked up into his eyes, waiting for him to speak.  Softly and slowly he said, "I didn't think I could ever give you up for any man."  He paused, as though thinking about his next choice of words.  "But Drew was never just any man.  He always loved you, always cared, worked day in and day out, trying to build a house for you two.  He always wanted what was best for you, thought of no one else, but you, and, now, you're getting married," he said, his eyes slightly misting.  "May God bless you both, and may you never forget how great a man you're married to."



© 2012 Kelly M.


Author's Note

Kelly M.
What do you think? :) Sorry it's short.

P.S. Please review! :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

its good Nothing happened to Drew i think that would have been too much drama with the same person

Posted 12 Years Ago


AWWWEE. :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


Beautiful. Absolutely gorgeous. I am speachless.
-Livs

Posted 12 Years Ago


very well mixed with the character andthe story

Posted 12 Years Ago


finally you write some more!! I feel like Iv been waiting FOREVER for you to write this chapter!! And I loved it!! And I cant wait for more!

Posted 12 Years Ago


this is very good. Quite interesting. It makes me want to read the other chapters so that I can find out what happens and who these characters are. There is nothing to criticize yet. Good write:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


OOOOO!! I really loved it, but I didn't notice the shortness of it till you mentioned it. :) Wonderful write too. I can't wait to read more.

~Lizzy~

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

302 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 18, 2011
Last Updated on January 22, 2012


Author

Kelly M.
Kelly M.

SC



About
"The Spirit of God made me; the breath of the Almighty God gives me life." Job 33:4 more..

Writing
By a Friend By a Friend

A Poem by Kelly M.


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Kelly M.


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Kelly M.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


1) Enchanted 1) Enchanted

A Chapter by Kelly M.