5) Miraculous

5) Miraculous

A Chapter by Kelly M.

The door creaked open, and April's eyes lifted from her cup of coffee, her eyes searching and questioning.

"She's beginning to wake," he declared, his tone cracking with his uncontainable joy.

April immediately jumped to her feet.  "May I see her?"

"Certainly," he replied, opening the door wide enough for her to enter, "but," he added quickly, "not long.  She will need her rest."

April nodded her assent, and moved further into the room, her steps soft and tentative.

She detected the slight movement, and Lillian's eyes suddenly fluttered open.  Her eyes gazed up into space for a moment in uncertainty, then they rested upon April.  Her brow furrowed in further confusion.  April could merely hold her breath, unsure of how to fill the silence, how to voice her identity.  Then a light seemed to cast a ray of understanding upon the woman as she started to gasp, then whispered incredulously, "April?"

April could hold back no longer, and nodded through the tears.  "It's me, Lillian," her friend whispered.

Lillian's eyes were still unbelieving.  "You--  you came?" she whispered huskily, her sentence following a string of raucous coughing.  After regaining a measure of composure, she whispered in a voice April could barely hear, "You're here?  Why?"

She could not speak.  She simply reached for the woman's hand, and, blinking back the tears, whispered, "Because, Lillian, you need me."

Lillian did not reply.  A renewed friendship was somehow borne between them, and April felt the bridge of guilt shatter and fall away.

~*~

During the next few weeks, Jenny came to assist April and Dr. Walton.  April felt more relaxed and secure with her best friend close by, and they all enjoyed the extra company, their conversations sprinkled with laughter and smiles.  It seemed as though the past had become present, and they were mere schoolgirls again.  And that dark cloud that surrounded them seemed to lift-- just for a second-- and then reality once again faced them, only making the future look more bleak than ever.  There was still no change-- still not any hint of progress.  As the days wore on, Lillian became aloof and withdrawn, silent as she lay, staring out at her only window, seeming to only discover emptiness.

Why? often came the deep cry within April's soul.  Why aren't you healing her?  I've prayed to You.  I've trusted You.  Why aren't you answering?  Why do I feel like You are so far away?  Hear us, Lord, her silent prayer would well up within her.  I just don't understand anymore.  I feel like You don't care.  Don't You see the children's tears that fall every night for their mother they cannot help?  Why don't you give us any hope?  Just a trace?  Please, Lord, she begged.  Give me a sign.  Something.  So, that I know You are still here with me-- so that I know You're still listening.


She continued to fight the impossible.

April then realized the ultimate reason why the Lord had sent her to Lillian.  She had not yet received the gift of Jesus-- the gift of life that He had placed in her hands, patiently waiting for her response.  His indescribable love wasn't comprehended in her mind, and seemed to be pushed aside in her thoughts.  April grasped for any opportunity to present that gift to her, and often prayed well into the night for God to shed some light on that subject-- and that her words would bring some hope and meaning in her life.

That prayer was miraculously answered.



© 2012 Kelly M.


Author's Note

Kelly M.
I hope you're enjoying this book, as I continue to write it, and I do hope it hasn't been boring you. These are the slow-moving chapters, as of now.

Your thoughts? :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This chapter is easier to follow and the message in it is very clear. Well written. It might help more however to give details about the relationship between April and Lillian. Subtle indicators, for example, this: "It's me, Lillian," she whispered. ...
could be cahnged to "It's me, Lillian," her friend whispered.

I can tell this book is well thought out and placed into credible storyline. Writing is very good.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This book is amazing and this chapter was amazing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Trust me this book is in no way boring! I can feel the anticipation building up as I read :) Another great chapter Kelly!

~Erinne

Posted 12 Years Ago


i really loved this chapter.. sorry i'm doing these reveiws out of order.. ha i read all the chapters but never did reveiws.. sorry ha but i love this book and i gave you an 100! keep writing.. i would love to see more of your writing!

Posted 12 Years Ago


i like the last part...April then realized the ultimate reason why the Lord had sent her to Lillian. She had not yet received the gift of Jesus-- the gift of life that He had placed in her hands, patiently waiting for her response. His indescribable love wasn't comprehended in her mind, and seemed to be pushed aside in her thoughts. April grasped for any opportunity to present that gift to her, and often prayed well into the night for God to shed some light on that subject for her-- and that her words would bring some hope and meaning.


That prayer was miraculously answered.

Posted 12 Years Ago


It's so good, Kelly! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love the book so far, but I'm still sketchy about Michael and Lillian. I read the chapters, but still are confused... I don't know why... Other than that, the book is fantastic!!

~Lizzy~

Posted 12 Years Ago


Love it =)

Posted 12 Years Ago


great chapter!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

544 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 26, 2011
Last Updated on March 14, 2012


Author

Kelly M.
Kelly M.

SC



About
"The Spirit of God made me; the breath of the Almighty God gives me life." Job 33:4 more..

Writing
By a Friend By a Friend

A Poem by Kelly M.


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Kelly M.


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Kelly M.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..