Hunted

Hunted

A Poem by Kenna Marie

When my mind was buzzed, a sabertooth swallowed me whole.
His stomach wasn’t digesting me so there I was, just thinking about the life I had lived in the abyss of his stomach grits.
I wanted my body to explode in glass pieces and break through his skin to escape, but all I was doing was playing with a messed up fate.
As some would say, I made this arrangement to have this play date.
“People are crazy!” was their debate.
He wanted to satisfy his hunger, I wanted to succumb under the pressure and just accept what was whatever.
It had always been a possibility to be the target someday- so now I was the prey.
You can’t outsmart the hunter, you become meatier and meatier every day.

© 2016 Kenna Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting poem. Could this be a depiction of a real-life event? Who knows. One thing is certain, though: being "hunted" is never pleasant.

"I wanted my body to explode in glass pieces..." that's powerful imagery! It's not "poetic" in the "i am le artsy" sense of the word, it's more brutal and straight-forward - just like the image itself, you might say.

Just one last thing, the first line is absurd! I love that. It sets the mood for the entire piece, as that of a reimagining or the shard of a memory, a piece of a mirror re-shaped to become a new one.


Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

952 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 27, 2016
Last Updated on May 27, 2016

Author

Kenna Marie
Kenna Marie

About
Hello! I'm a high school student. I use a lot of my time dedicated to writing poetry, short stories etc. Art is my passion, consisting of but not limited to...musical, creative and performance. I'm a.. more..

Writing