Litany of the Vampire Isabel

Litany of the Vampire Isabel

A Story by Knij Nagili

Time ambles by in its usual pace; too fast when you want it to last forever, and ever so slowly when you’re waiting. Seasons brought change, years flew by … yet for me, it’s all the same. To be able to live a century is an amazing feat, but for immortals like me, it is merely the old age of youth.

 

To be cursed with the gift of eternal life is no walk in the park. Sacrifices have to be made to sustain your existence. You have to become a creature of the night to avoid certain death. You have to kill in order to stay alive, and most horrifyingly, you’d bear witness to the demise of all your loved ones.

 

As an immortal, you will be doomed to walk on earth forever, sharing your torment with your equally wretched kind. You will always be beautiful, no doubt about that, but you’ll always be miserable as well.

 

But in a way, to be undead can prove to be a blessing. For one, age will not destroy you. With the vitality of youth in your bloodless veins, you’d be able to accomplish things you could not possibly have done if you were a mere human. Also, you’d have all the time to pursue dreams and goals that one short lifetime won’t accommodate.

 

And there’s nothing to fear, not even the dark.

 

The night will always be your shield, the darkness your ally. And wherever you go, shadows will keep you from harm. Your nocturnal haven will guarantee that you’ll never go old or die.

 

Places to go, people to meet… you can have it all, as long as you avoid the sun’s light. All it takes is a single bite.

 

© 2008 Knij Nagili


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

My opinion judges that this is a wonderful piece of literary abundance and this very short prose poem or short story should be viewed by all literary critics and all would simply adore this majestic piece.

Sincerely,
Alexander Kerri

Posted 10 Years Ago


I really think that u need to write a few more chapters. This could be turned into a really good book and I really like the way u write. It appeals me greatly. THANX 4 D READ. Really enjoyed it. THUMBS UP!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


the last line was amazing. It sounds very good. I do think that it could make an amazing book or story. At least good for a few more chapters.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

interesting startt o an age old question? "what do yo udo with eternity?" so what do you do....?......MORE PLEASE......Sunshine

Posted 15 Years Ago


Places to go, people to meet� you can have it all, as long as you avoid the sun's light. All it takes is a single bite.

That one sentance just totallly rocked and amused my world. I really think you should add more too. Its good enough for a few more chapters don't u think?

Posted 15 Years Ago


I like this as a short letter from a vampire to someone aspiring to become a vampire. (It reminds me, though, of Anne Rice's characters'- Louis and Lestat- admonitions to their fledgling vampires or humans begging for that eternal bite.)
Writers since Bram Stoker have been reiterating these points about vampires again and again in books, movies, magazines, comic books, so that now everyone who's read about vampires already knows these points. A vampire can be a powerful and insightful narrator if he/she can tell us something knew, shed some light on those shadows in which he lives, share a tale we might not have heard before.

This could be a very interesting piece but, since vampires are so popular in fiction and sub-genres, there must be something strikingly original about their story to make it stand out as a vampire would on a sunny day in a dog park full of evangelical Christians.
I look forward to reading more of your work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


I like it, though it seems more of an excerpt for what could be a really great novel. Think about it.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

741 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 18, 2008

Author

Knij Nagili
Knij Nagili

San Jose, Philippines



About
I believe that my work speaks for itself... If you want to know me, get to know my work. more..

Writing
Insomnia Insomnia

A Poem by Knij Nagili