Thoughts

Thoughts

A Story by Robowriter
"

Writing prompt: Write a short story of a minimum of 200 words. Start the story with this sentence~ "I'm either going out for ice cream, or to commit a heinous crime. I'll decide in the car."

"
I'm either going out for ice cream, or to commit a heinous crime. I'll decide in the car. Every day I think to myself, am I a good person. I usually have an argument in my head, listing off reasons I am good, and reasons I am bad. I list off my many accomplishments, as well as my dark secrets that nobody knows. I think about the ways I have manipulated others, sometimes for the sake of helping them, but just as often for my own selfish reasons. I know that I have done bad things, but do the good things I do counteract those? These are some of the things I think to myself on the daily.

I get up and get ready for the day, as I go outside I feel the warmth of the sun on my head contrasting with the cool shade beneath my chin. Do others realize this difference in temperature, do they take note of all the different feelings constantly coursing through their bodies? Or am I unique in my appreciation of that. I like to think that this is something that I have and others do not. A strange thing that makes me special, different than everyone else. Something that makes me better than other people. In reality I know that it does nothing to make me a better person. 

As I reach for my car there is a sudden gust of wind. It's strength grows stronger until I'm lifted off my feet. It's as though my thoughts have come to life twisting and turning the very air around me, before I know it the squall is over and for a brief moment the world is still and the view is magnificent! The decent begins there, what goes up must come down, and I come down very fast. Just before I hit the ground I decide it was the ice cream I was going for after all.

My body lurches in my bed. I'm awake now. "I think I'll be going out for ice cream."

© 2018 Robowriter


Author's Note

Robowriter
Writing prompt:
Write a short story of a minimum of 200 words. Start the story with this sentence~
"I'm either going out for ice cream, or to commit a heinous crime. I'll decide in the car."

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Thank you for submitting this in the contest! Since you are the only one that submitted a story, I'm afraid that I will be deleting the contest. This is a really great read! And I appreciate you for writing such an amazing story to this prompt. I pronounce you the WINNER. You can also follow a writing prompt group if you are interested, message me if you have any questions.
-Kate

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Thank you for submitting this in the contest! Since you are the only one that submitted a story, I'm afraid that I will be deleting the contest. This is a really great read! And I appreciate you for writing such an amazing story to this prompt. I pronounce you the WINNER. You can also follow a writing prompt group if you are interested, message me if you have any questions.
-Kate

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
1 Review
Added on October 18, 2018
Last Updated on October 18, 2018
Tags: me, good, bad, Ice cream

Author

Robowriter
Robowriter

Stroudsburg, PA



About
I am trying to make myself write more and this looks like a good place to do just that! I welcome all criticism and help that can be offered and I appreciate the time put into reading anything I ha.. more..

Writing
Darkness Darkness

A Poem by Robowriter