Pressure

Pressure

A Story by mynarco
"

just something short i wrote for school :)

"

Waking up as a child, either in the middle of the night or at the crack of dawn, many of us incessantly cried our hearts out, depleting our tear ducts until our guardians came to comfort us, diminishing our suffering. And yet, we were only waking up with a feather on our stomachs,  while they woke up with excessively massive chunks of metal on theirs.

“I can’t wait to grow up!” is oftentimes a phrase uttered by our ignorant mouths, blinded by the ease of the blissful feather, absent-minded to the hurricane of dense metal weights hovering and festering above us. They continue to accumulate as time goes by, sustained in the air only by our innocence. It’s not until we develop and expand our awareness that the weights break through our innocence barrier, free-falling and burdening us during slumber, and we awake realizing that we can wait to grow up. for much longer than we anticipated.

Looking back on childhood, we acknowledge that our younger selves must’ve perceived time as a snail, because while we evolve, time also evolves, into a dog and then a lion and then a cheetah and then a falcon. It’s a gradual advancement that we have no awareness of during our early years, when we’re surrounded by falling feathers day in and day out.

And not before long, we learn about the people with the metal weights, especially those who refuse to collapse under that weight and push it off. Much to our dismay, they tend to push it off onto us, hindering our graceful stroll through everyday life and revealing that the weights will be around until the end of time.

It can’t be hopeless though, if they can push it off then we can push it off. If they don’t get crushed then we won’t get crushed. Because although we grow up and fall victim to more and more weight, we also grow up and gain more and more muscles, more intellect, more experience that allows us to shove it off and get out of bed and prosper in life, showing ourselves and showing those who gave us the weights that cowering and collapsing simply isn’t an option.


© 2016 mynarco


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

74 Views
Added on April 21, 2016
Last Updated on April 21, 2016
Tags: idk, what, to, put, in, the, tags

Author

mynarco
mynarco

MI, United States Minor Outlying Islands



About
hey more..

Writing