Constellation

Constellation

A Story by Korrie Rose
"

Yeah, this is what I get for waking up at 4 AM and taking stuff to go back to sleep. I get really deep and weird with words, and then I crash, so I'm gonna go do that.

"

Don’t you wish we were all constellations? Patterns of flickering light in an ocean of vast darkness that you see outside your window at night, or simply gazing up and observing. From far away, we all seem in sync, perfectly together, and matched up like puzzle pieces, even though the reality is we’re all light-years away. Maybe not physically, but mentally. We’re all of this Earth inside a small solar system in a galaxy with 400 million known galaxies from as far as we can observe. If you were looking at us from afar, we would seem like we were right on top of each other since the universe is so vast and infinite.


We all have different thinking patterns, and even though they may be similar to someone else’s, no one’s brain is the same. So many views on the world, each coming from different eyes of the beholder. Some opinions are good, and helpful; they help us advance and learn as humans. Others simply do the opposite.


If you think about it, maybe we are just stars. All light years away, not seeming to care much about the other ones in sight. All different, with different looks and colors, different temperatures, different classifications. Does that make us any less of stars though?  Even though we are all different and alike in many ways, we’re all still stars. Still human beings.


So, why is it that other stars attack other stars every day, just based on different views? Every day there is some kind of turmoil unfolding in the world, and it’s something we can’t really change; or at least not alone we can’t. War on others is common in a place like this, where we tell our kids about how great the world is, and how the world is theirs to explore, when in reality the world is a chained cage. A cage from which you can see beyond it, or maybe not, and you can not escape it. You simply have to be there and conform to the standards of society expectations.


It’s confusing to think as well, that it appears that not everyone is locked in that same cage of thought that you are.


If the world is a galaxy, then why are we chained? Galaxies move, planets move, they all advance in time, and we’re all stuck here under the chains of belief and disagreement. It seems as if we don’t move at all.


So, if we really are stars, why not form that constellation in the sky that everyone will remember? Instead of being held back, why are we not being let forward? The answer to that is that no one agrees with the same thing another does, so when we try to form that forever-working constellation, we all fall out of line. Some people try to make it work, and others don’t even bother. So, what’s the point of being here if all we do is fight and destroy others?


Why can’t we just… be that constellation? Connected in a way even though we may not think the same, and connected in the way that we all form a sort of simple peace in the sky.


If only that could happen.


© 2015 Korrie Rose


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
Added on April 22, 2015
Last Updated on April 22, 2015
Tags: stars, constellation, views, world, political, metaphorical, thoughts

Author

Korrie Rose
Korrie Rose

Phoenix, AZ



About
Hello, I'm Korrie! I write what I'm feeling. I tend to tie in personal life experiences with the writings I do, and sometimes it seems kind of hard to understand, but I guess it's just my own way of s.. more..

Writing