God is one

God is one

A Poem by Riddhi
"

This is a poem which is about unifying people of all religions....

"
Hindus celebrate Diwali ,
Muslims celebrate Id , 
Christians celebrate Christmas , 
But yet,
God is one.

                                                                            Vishakha worships Krishna , 
                                                                            Shazia worships Allah , 
                                                                            Emily worships Jesus ,
                                                                            But yet , 
                                                                             God is one.

Hindus go to Varanasi , 
Muslims go to Mecca Madina , 
Christians go to Jerusalem , 
But yet , 
God is one.

                                                                          Hindus visit Temple , 
                                                                           Muslims visit Mosque , 
                                                                           Christians visit Church , 
                                                                          But yet , 
                                                                          God is one.

God made all humans one ,
Religions were our creations,
Greatest religion is only one , 
and that is none other than humanity.
But yet , 
God is one.

                                                                       Greatest service is service to humanity , 
                                                                        Greatest work is striving for others ,
                                                                        Greatest religion is humanity , 
                                                                        and so , 
                                                                        God is one.

Let us forget all our differences , 
based on religion , caste or nation.
Have just one religion in mind , 
and that is humanity , 
and say together , 
God is one..........

                                                                       

© 2015 Riddhi


Author's Note

Riddhi
I hope this poem will change your minds and make you the follower of greatest religion in this world that is none other than humanity ........and you will follow your own religion but will never have hatredness towards the religion of others.....

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Amen my friend.

Look online for George Harrison's ---- My sweet Lord----- Not until the end does he reveal his Lord by name. But as your words suggest, we're one big family in the same big blue boat.

Very big hit all around the world, excellent Sitar playing.

John

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Riddhi

5 Years Ago

Thanks for your review...I will definitely check that song..Thank you again..



Reviews

you are right little angel..

I stand with you...

keep writing..

t.c.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Riddhi

8 Years Ago

Thanks for reviewing....
great thought! Hindu worships ram, Muslim say Allah! rehman, Sikh follow satnaam, but all the religion are made to spread the charm..

Posted 8 Years Ago


Riddhi

8 Years Ago

Thanks for reviewing and i am happy you liked my poem......
A timely message that reminds us of how much we need to hear these simple words of truth in these times. Well done.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Riddhi

8 Years Ago

Thanks for reviewing....
I liked it a lot! You have a talent for poetry. Looking forward to more:)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Riddhi

8 Years Ago

Thanks for reviewing....
According to me religions is nothing but different means to serve the humanity...compassion is the universal language...thnxx for sharing the beautuful piece of writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


Riddhi

8 Years Ago

Thanks for revieweing and i too agree with you
The absolute and fundamentalist version of religion is wrong. The open and loving kind of religion, be it towards God, Allah or Krishna, can be a solace and a way to be good to one another.

I love your poem, well done Riddhi. Could you review some of mine please.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Riddhi

8 Years Ago

Yes i will definitely try to and Happy new year
This is really a beautiful write in many ways Riddhi. I like to think of myself as a very open minded person, especially when it comes to religion. I respect what any person believes, where they worship, how they worship and which book they choose to worship. What you said was perfect, "God is one." Humans created religion. In my opinion, a lot comes down to control and power. We are all the same. We all bleed like one another. We all love like one another. We all feel pain, anger, happiness and an enjoyment to live life like one another. So why do we fight and kill over religion? It's kind of crazy to think about how many have died in the fight for who they believe should be worshipped. Imagine a world full of people that respected each others beliefs and all loved God. Imagine what we could be as a human kind. Beautiful write... I loved it.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Riddhi

8 Years Ago

Thank you for reviewing my poem and i am happy that you to agree with me.....
Very well done work. As for unification, Hell I just want them to stop killing in the name of religion and God. They can live and worship as they wish each to his own.

And we all eat different foods, and God is one. We are all different and yet all the same. The important thing is to be a good human. Peace Out.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Riddhi

8 Years Ago

Thanks for reviewing and yes the most important thing is that we are all humans and the humanity is .. read more
Willard Wells

8 Years Ago

There will never be just one
I understand your thoughts riddhi, and it is a beautiful piece of writing.. although I still believe Jesus is the One.. but nice writing, and I like the arrangement of the poem itself.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Riddhi

8 Years Ago

Thanks for reviewing my poem....
I have a hard time buying into the theme that all religions are basically the same, and worship the same deity, because according to the various religions that one god isn't the SAME being, doesn't share the same attributes, and doesn't require the same things from their adherents. And by dogma, those who don't follow the official party line, in most religions, are less than human—as evidenced by the inquisition, ISIS, and the slaughter between versions of the same religion that goes on, and on, and always has. But that's personal view.

As poetry it seems less than poetic. Sincere? Absolutely. And I can't argue with your goal, but poetry is meant to be read aloud, and has a flow to it that makes the reading itself pleasurable as it dances "trippingly on the tongue," while at the same time evoking emotion in the reader. But to me it reads too much like like a flier for the Secular Humanists.

Sorry.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Riddhi

8 Years Ago

Thanks for reviewing and yes i will definitely try to improve as suggested by you....

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1974 Views
48 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 29, 2015
Last Updated on December 29, 2015

Author

Riddhi
Riddhi

India



About
I am Riddhi , a 17 year old girl , a proud Indian...My friends say that i am antic but i am not antic rather i am unique..I am queen of mood swings and its really difficult to handle me...I love trave.. more..

Writing
Year 3016 Year 3016

A Poem by Riddhi



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..